The debilitating back pain can be very disabling. It prevents you from completing your everyday chores. It makes you very uneasy and uncomfortable. It mostly arises in the lower back region. Sometimes, it’s attributable to structural deformities while some other times, it’s everyday exertion or accidental injury that leads to it. Here 11 ways by which you can avoid back pain.
1. Develop Correct PostureAlways pay attention to how you sit. Go for chairs with a straight back or those that provide support to your lower back. And make sure your knees are at a higher level than your hips. While standing, make sure your stomach is pulled in and head is up.
2. Don’t Wear Skinny JeansBecause they interfere with the way you walk, bend or sit and increase your back pain further rather than reducing it.
3. Go For A Back Belt While DrivingIt’s something that doctors recommend after you consult them. While driving on a rough road tie the back belt or even while doing some heavy work, keep it tied. It provides some relief.
4. Have The Right Sleeping PositionIt’s not recommended to sleep on stomach for those with back pain. Consult the doctor and decide on a sleeping position that works best for you.
5. Don’t Wear High HeelsThey just aggravate your back pain by putting strain on your back and shifting the centre of gravity. Maximum go for a 1-inch heel.
6. Reduce Your WeightThis is only for those who have put on weight. It’s seen that adding extra pounds does increase back pain.
7. Keep Aside The Heavy WalletWhen sitting for a long time, keep your heavy wallet away from your pockets. It’s shown to lead to back pain.
8. Don’t SmokeSmoking interferes with the functioning of spinal discs. Thus, smokers are more vulnerable to back pain than non-smokers.
9. Watch How You Lift ObjectsIt gets very difficult for those with back pain to lift or pull objects. Don’t bend form your waist and lift. Take your time, sit down and lift. Also, push objects while moving them rather than pulling.
10. Avoid Holding Heavy HandbagsPutting too much pressure on one shoulder can be bad for back pain. Always distribute the weight. Change holding the bag in hands every once in a while.
11. ExerciseRest does provide relief from a hurting back. But, sedentary lifestyle doesn’t help that much. Infact, exercise works wonders. It reduces the muscle tension and decreases inflammation. It also improves the blood circulation. Always go for regular exercise.
Follow these tips to prevent back pain or getting relief from the uncomfortable situations caused due to back pain.