Yoga is not just repetition of few postures - it is more about the exploration and discovery of the subtle energies of life. Here are 5 reasons why Yoga is good for you.
1. Why So Serious?This legendary dialogue of the Joker from ‘The Dark Knight’ needs no introduction. Yoga can be very effective for developing a positive outlook on life. After all, yoga is more of meditation and breathing. It helps increase body awareness and relaxes the mind. Yoga centers attention and sharpens concentration.
2. Yoga Pushes Us To Be BetterYoga pushes us to be better both, physical and mental. Increased flexibility, better cardio and circulatory health, muscle strength and tone and improved athletic performance are just some of the many benefits that yoga offers.
3. You Will End Up Feeling More GratefulMany of us suffer from chronic low self-esteem, all thanks to our ever so busy lifestyle. Most of us prefer to take drugs, work too hard and maybe sleep around more. However, if we take a positive approach and practice yoga on a regular basis, we will experience feeling gratitude, empathy and sense that we are part of something bigger.
4. It Eases Up PainYoga can ease up pain. The combination of Asana and medication or either one, helps to reduce pain for people with history of arthritis and back pain. Once the pain takes a window seat on a flight to never-land, our mood improves and no medication.
5. You Will End Up Living Few More YearsYoga tends to decrease the frustrating mental loops of anger that can cause stress. Stress can be as bad as migraines to insomnia or what not. With practice of yoga, we learn to quiet our mind and guess what?
You are more likely to live longer and healthier.
Win-win, what say?
We all have this medical condition. It’s called laziness. So, wake up and put on your favorite yoga pants and start. Start today.
Go find yourself that push to excel. Yoga will help. After all, you are only given one little spark of madness. You must not lose it.