Eating is essential to our health and wellbeing, especially breakfast, It helps you to get energized and therefore keep you active. Some foods beneficial to us may prove horrible for an empty stomach. “When to eat” is as important as “what to eat”. Here are 6 foods which you must avoid on an empty stomach –
1. TomatoHowever, Tomatoes are advanced with Vitamin C, but we should maintain an appropriate distance of tomatoes from an empty stomach. They are rich in amino acids and therefore, must not be consumed early in the morning. it may result in stomach block and puts pressure on the stomach.
2. Citrus FruitsSimilar to tomatoes, citrus fruits too have a high amount of Vitamin C, antioxidants and Calcium etc. This fruit acidity of merely capable of causing gastritis, heartburn and indigestion issues. Instead of these, you may opt for fruits like watermelon, apples and strawberries etc.
3. YogurtIn spite of the fact that yogurt is really a healthy food, yet it shouldn’t be consumed on an empty stomach. Due to the high acidity of stomach acid causes the ineffectiveness of Lactic acid bacteria found in yogurt and other fermented milk products.
4. TeaDrinking tea at early morning is just like a habit for all the individuals, but it isn’t of interest of your stomach. Tea, coffee and other caffeinated beverages may result in indigestion throughout the day since it reduces the acid required for digestion.
5. BananasBananas are among the list of Superfoods with the abundance of its advantages. However, Bananas contain high amount of magnesium and potassium, which consequences in imbalance of these minerals in the blood if you eat them on an empty stomach.
6. Green VegetablesGreen vegetables are really good things to put into your body but at the right time. Green vegetables on an empty stomach may cause problems such as flatulence, heartburn and abdominal pain etc. They are better (or even best) to be eaten at the lunch and optimise their benefits.
No matter how beneficial a specific food is, the act of choosing the right time to consume to eat it is critical. Be conscious about what we put into our bodies and when we should put them to fully optimize them. So, choose the right time to consume food.