Back pain can be uncomfortable. Sometimes, it’s caused due to bone deformities whereas sometimes it’s due to excessive work. It’s not always recommended to go for a surgery lest the pain is unbearable. Here are 7 yoga exercises that can help ease your back pain.
1. Triangle PoseStand straight and keep your feet together. Lunge your left foot back, to about 3-4 feet and then, point out your left foot at about 45 degrees. Turn your chest towards the side. Stretch your left arm towards the ceiling and right arm towards the ground. Your legs should be straight. If you are unable to reach the ground, then, stretch up to the level you are comfortable (in your right hand). Hold onto the position for sometime and then change sides and repeat.
2. Supported Bridge PoseYou can use blocks according to where you get the pain. Such as for upper back pain, place one block below the head and another block beneath the shoulder blades and for lower back pain one block underneath the lumbar spine or sacrum is helpful.
3. Reclining Hand-To-Big-Toe PoseYour circulation improves and load is taken off your lumbar spine. Remember not to overstrain yourself while performing it.
4. Seated Forward FoldSeat in an upright position. Stretch out your legs in front of you. Make your hand reach your toes or till what you can. You will get a great back and hamstring stretch. Hold onto the position where you feel comfortable for sometime.
5. Wide Legged Forward BendWhile doing this pose, make sure your shoulders are not crowding your neck. Your hamstrings get stretched, back relaxes and there is improvement in your balance.
6. Legs-Up-The Wall PoseThe tension gets released from your spine. Always do this in a space where there is enough room for you to stand up comfortably as you finish the pose else, you might strain your neck.
7. Bow PoseLie down on your stomach side. Then, try to reach your heels and as you do, lift them up. Hunching minimizes and your shoulder and upper back get strengthened.
Include these exercises in your everyday routine to get relief from back pain.