Zumba classes have shot to fame suddenly. It’s not any other dance class or a weight loss gimmick. It’s a fun workout session, you can say. Check out a Zumba class and you will see how much it resembles the dance floor of any popular club on weekends. What is Zumba? It is a workout characterizing movements influenced by Latin American dance styles, performed to music. Here are a few persuasive reasons why you should try Zumba.
1. It makes you addicted to exerciseZumba is so much fun that you can’t wait for the next class to start once the current one is over. For a change, you will start loving exercise.
2. You get to do a full-body workoutThe ankles and calves stretch and strengthen due to the footwork and the upper body warms up and the neck loosens due to the head and shoulder rolls. So, there is a full-body workout.
3. It burns calories and fatsYou burn 300 calories per class. It thus promotes weight loss and also, helps in maintaining a healthy body weight.
4. You get to socialiseBeing a group activity, it gives you ample scope to build new friendships. It also increases the fun while working out.
5. It builds up your toleranceTrying to keep up with the fast paced music, you tend to endure more. This also keeps your cardiovascular health in check.
6. There is improvement in your coordinationThis will help you avoid accidents due to imbalance as you grow older. You respiration also improves a lot.
7. There is an increase in your tendency to tolerate intense painYou can tolerate severe pain to a great extent. It makes you tough. There is also a reduction in pain intervention.
8. Your mood improvesYou feel good about yourself. You develop a more positive outlook towards life. Lose yourself in the music and see the magic
9. There is a significant improvement in your quality of lifeTogether with the social and health benefits, zumba improves your quality of life. You feel more comfortable in your own skin.
There is no right way or wrong way of doing Zumba. It is a combination of aerobics and salsa. It keeps you fit. It’s quite de-stressing. So, join a class for a unique experience and you will definitely want more of it just after one class.