All of us aim to get into good shape. Abdominal workout tones up our body and makes our muscles flexible. If you are planning to start working out, then avoid difficult exercises as you might lose interest not being able to perform them in one go. Here are a few abs workout for beginners.
1. Curl UpLie on your back. Keep your feet flat on the floor. Bend your knees to 60 degrees. Arms should be placed next to your hips with palms facing down. Lift your shoulder blades off the floor and slide your hands towards your knees as your curl up your physique. Gradually return to the initial position.
2. Sit-UpsSit on the floor bending your knees. Your heels should touch the floor and hands should be on the either side of the head or folded in front. Keep your shoulders relaxed. With your feet on the floor lie down on your back. Move back up. Do it for one minute.
3. Scissor kickLie on your back and place your arms on your sides. Keep your arms faced down. Extend your legs, bending your knees slightly. Raise your heels off the floor, say 6 inches. Make little, quick, oscillating up and down scissor like movements as you raise your legs 45 degrees into the air and bring down each till your heel is a few inches off the floor. It should take you 2 seconds in total to complete both the up and down motions.
4. Spider Plank CrunchGo in the push-up position with hands on the ground directly beneath your shoulders. Extend your legs backwards with toes on the ground. Your body should be in a straight line. Raise your right leg and get your knee towards the outside of your right elbow. Return to the position of plank. Now, alternate the leg and repeat.
5. Side JackknifeLie on your right side. Your left leg should be kept on your right one. Slightly bend your knees. Left hand should be positioned behind your head and right hand can be placed in any comfortable position. As you pull with your diagonals, bring your left leg and your torso together. Hold the contraction for a short time and lower slowly. Alternate and repeat.
6. Seated Leg LiftsSit comfortably on the floor and extend your legs in a straight manner right in front of you. Engage your core and slightly lean back so that you can position your hands on either side of your glutes. Inhale deeply and raise one leg 6 inches off the floor. Hold onto this position for 5 seconds and then continue with the other leg. Do this entire process for 1 minute.
7. Standing Bicycle CrunchesStand straight with your feet as apart as your hips. Place your hands behind your head. Tighten your physique and relax your shoulders with a straight back. Lift your right leg and right knee simultaneously and at the same time lower your left elbow towards the knee. Return to the initial position and repeat with the alternate sides.
These exercises strengthen your core. However, don’t overextend yourself while working out the first few times.