Cardio exercises are one of the most common types. They boost your metabolism and balance your heart rate. They shape up your muscles too. Here are a few cardio exercises for beginners.
1. SwimmingLearn it. Whether breast stroke, butterfly or freestyle, it is a great cardio exercise. However, avoid doing it leisurely (i.e. once in a while). Do it rigorously to get the best results.
2. CyclingOutdoor cycling is seen to be more effective than indoor cycling. Taking the difficult routes and the varied terrains can make you rough and tough.
3. ZumbaIt’s absolutely fun. So you may not even realize that you are actually exercising. It is an interval training coupled with high tempo aerobic exercise.
4. Circuit TrainingAerobic moves are interspersed with strengthening ones and there is a very small break in between. You should be able to handle your rest and recovery period as efficiently as you can. Take 15 seconds maximum to grab a sip of water or catch your breath.
5. YogaGo for core power yoga. The postures are performed in a heated room. It is very good for keeping the cardiovascular system healthy and functioning well. It strengthens your heart health. Remember to perform it at a fast pace.
6. JoggingWork above 8 mph. It is quite relaxing to go for a jog early in the morning or just before the sun is about to set. It also aids you in burning those extra calories. So, it works well for every part of the body.
7. WalkingYou would be delighted to know as simple an everyday activity as walking is a cardio exercise too. But, only when you do it vigorously or moderately such that your blood vessels, heart and lungs get a work out and become strong. Brisk walking is not a cardio exercise.
As a beginner, exercise with the easy ones and gradually go for the tough ones. Also, for your overall fitness always follow a proper diet.