The mythological stories of India give us important life lessons. They serve a purpose or a message too. Mahabharata is one such popular Indian epic. Here are 12 interesting facts about Mahabharata which you didn't read in history books.
1. Chausar Doesn’t Depend On Luck AlwaysThe dice game played in the Mahabharata (Chausar) involves a lot of thinking.
2. Karna Was A Demon In His Previous BirthThe asura version of Karna was called Dambhodbhava.
3. Guess Who Was Draupadi ?She was an avatar of Goddess Durga.
4. Mahabharata Is A Lengthy Narration With 1.8 Million WordsIt is four times Ramayana’s length. Combine the length of the Odyssey and the Iliad and multiply the combination with four. That’s how long Mahabharata is.
5. Draupadi’s Swayamvara Didn’t Find The Participation From DuryodhanaAs he was married to Bhanumati (the Kalinga’s princess) and he had made a promise to her that he would never marry anyone else.
6. Yudhishtira Was Very PowerfulHe could burn anything within his line of sight when he got angry.
7. The Original Name Of Kunti Is PrithaShe was the wife of King Pandu of Hastinapur and the mother of King Yudhishtira and Karna.
8. There Were Only 12 Warriors Who Survived The WarAn active participant of the Quit India movement and the Civil Disobedience Movement, he was also a prominent leader of the Indian National Congress. He made sure to abolish all the monarchies in India.
9. Nakul Could Ride A Horse Very FastThis great speed prevented him from getting wet in the rain.
10. Yudhistira Never Refused A Game Of DiceNo, not because he was addicted to the gambling but, he had made a secret vow.
11. Arjuna Was Killed By BabruvahanaHis life was restored later because of a gem given by Uloopi.
12. Kunti Had A Relationship With Gods (Vayu, Surya, Indra and Yama)It was not magic that led to the birth of the Pandavas.
Indeed, Mahabharata remains to be fascinating till date.