A phobia is a special, abnormal more precisely, kind of fear of something or some situation, however, we know that it is not harmful. It is an indubitable fact that we all have got our own fears. Certainly, there is nothing funny about being scared, until you have any phobia like fear of the colour yellow or fear of falling asleep. Here are 10 interesting phobias, you’ll be thankful to God, you don’t have these peculiar fears-
1. XanthophobiaThe fear of the colour yellow. One suffering from Xanthophobia may fear from sun, yellow flowers or anything yellow.
2. SominiphobiaI am really afraid for those people who suffer from the fear of falling asleep. Sominiphobes may associate going to bed with dying or they may be suffering this phobia due to repeated nightmares.
3. ColurophobiaThis is relatively common phobia which exists generally in small children. Most of the children have a fear of clowns due to their outfit.
4. TurophobiaI can’t believe that some people are afraid of cheese. Shocking, isn’t it? However, they may have their own reasons such as any traumatic memory. But, let me tell turophobes, it really tastes good.
5. HylophobiaOkay, some trees are really scary, but there are people who suffer fear of trees, wood or forests. It may be the consequence of some childhood stories or fairy tales describing the forest as the home of any evil guy.
6. PogonophobiaPogomophobes have an exceptional nightmare which is beards. Pogonophobia, the fear of beards, is really not good. These poor people will definitely have a hard time finding their partners.
7. HippopotomostrosesquipedaliophobiaUgh! I am tired, how can there be such a long word. This gigantic name is for the fear of long words. One of the most uncommon and insignificant phobia.
8. TriskaidekaphobiaI don’t know why many people are superstitious about the number thirteen, and among them, few have a full fledge phobia of the number 13. Yes, Triskaidekaphobia is a fear of number 13 or anything related to the number 13.
9. TrypophobiaThe fear of small holes. Anyhow, it is jot recorded as a phobia officially, but many cases are present with this phobia.
10. AblutophobiaThere exists people scared of having a bath or simply wash anything. According to a study, it happens to kids and women more than any men.( is it so?? I’ve always thought men don’t have a regular bath).
Aren’t they seriously weird and interesting? But, we can’t do anything about anybody’s phobia, right?