The 90s was the era of soulful soothing music. A time when lyrics made sense and the background music actually was musical. The mainstream Bollywood music has turned to auto-tuning, unnecessary rap and just a lot of noise, TBH. It can be a feat impossible to actually list ALL the songs that the 90s produced, that even today when playing Antakshari are the ones that we sing, when we are on a road trip that we play, and hum when the waves of nostalgia hit us.
This is our small tribute to the soul soothing music produced over the years, which are not being ‘remixed’ into pop music for the new listener.
2. Pehla Nasha Pehla Khumar (Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar)
3. Pari Hoon Mai (Suneeta Rao)
4. Kya Surat Hai (Bombay Vikings)
5. Tanha Dil (Shaan)
6. Woh Chali... Woh Chali.... (Bombay Vikings)
7. O Sanam (Lucky Ali)
8. Chaiya Chaiya (Dil Se)
9. Piya Basanti Re (Ustad Sultan Khan and Chithra)
10. Angel Eyes (Raghav)
11. Purani Jeans (Ali Haider)
12. Dooba Dooba Rehta Hun (Silk Route)
13. Sayonee (Junoon)
14. Maeri (Euphoria)
15. Bulla ki Jaana (Rabbi Shergill)