Summer is here and we are already frowning. In this race of work and life, we often give up on the idea of healthy living. We then resort to easy on go junk foods and ruin our heaths.
We bring you 5 minute on the go smoothies that you can make in under five minutes, especially when you are running late for your office:
1. Sunshine Mango SmoothieThis smoothie is dairy free drink. In a blender, add half a cup of chopped mangoes, half a banana, some pineapple chunks and half a glass orange juice. Blend it all together till you see no chunks. Then add a handful of chia seeds for protein power. Season the smoothie with some strawberries, and it would look just delectable.
2. Banana Yogurt SmoothieThis smoothie is super refreshing and quite simple. Add fresh or frozen bananas to the blender, a cup of yogurt, a pinch of cinnamon and a spoonful of peanut butter. You can also go for almond butter if you like. Blend it all out and drink this wholesome goodness packed with nutrients.
3. The Barton Highway, AustraliaThis is my go-to the smoothie for real, it takes only five minutes to make. I put in a cup of milk in the blender, add my chocolate flavored protein powder. I add one full scoop that is around 25 grams of protein. Mostly I add a ripe banana and blend it all in, but if I am really hungry, I add a bowl of oatmeal and blend it all out. It is one of the most filling smoothies to get through the day.
4. Green Tea Avocado & Ginger SmoothieThis smoothie is best for pre-workout breakfast, it increases your metabolism, helping you burn more calories. In a blender, add a cup of green tea, a little piece of avocado, a banana and a spoonful of honey. Also, grate a little piece of ginger on the top. Now, blend it all out and give your system a kick before hitting the gym.
5. Purple SmoothieThis is an antioxidant smoothie. In the blender, add half a cup of pomegranate juice, some vanilla flavored yogurt, some frozen blueberries and some fresh red cherries. Add few cubes of ice and blend it all in. There, you have an all the energy boosters to boost a mundane morning.