There is a famous proverb that says, ‘When life gives you lemons, make lemonade’. Not all those who are successful were born into fame. They made their way to the top by overcoming many hurdles. Get inspired by reading the following 5 rags to riches stories.
1. Dhirubhai AmbaniIn the initial days of his life, he spent his weekends as a vendor. He worked as a gas station helper cum dispatch clerk at Yemen based A.Besse and Co. He saved Rs. 50,000 and came back to India with a dream of starting his own textile business. The first IPO of his firm, Reliance Commercial Corporation received approval from over 58,000 investors and his successes never stopped after that!
2. Ferruccio LamborghiniBorn to farmer parents, his mechanical knowledge made him enter the business of building tractors. Once when his business made immense profit he celebrated by buying a Ferrari for himself. However, he wasn’t happy with some of the features of the Ferrari so he went to meet the owner, Enzo Ferrari and gave him a few suggestions about improvement. Enzo shrugged him off saying he didn’t need any advice from the owner of tractors. This insult motivated Ferruccio to create the most fashionable and luxurious cars of all time.
3. J.K. RowlingThe most lovable British author famous for the Harry Potter series had a very ordinary upbringing. She fought poverty, depression and suicidal tendencies. She was highly imaginative and combined her fantasies and her real life experiences to write books which have now become epic.
4. Oprah WinfreyShe was born to a coalminer and a housemaid. She never had new clothes to wear during her early life and was often molested by her relatives. A local black radio station gave her the job of a news reader and that’s how she made her entry into the world of media. After being offered her first talk-show in Chicago, she never looked back.
5. Steve JobsHis biological parents gave him away for adoption. Later, Jobs had to give up going to college as it cost a lot to his foster parents. Returning Coke bottles for money and living on free meals are some of the ways he used to sustain himself. He worked as a technician in Atari, Inc. and his extreme interest in electronics (as encouraged by his foster father) led him to become the CEO of Apple. Not everybody is born with a silver spoon. It is every individual’s own uniqueness and creativity that makes her/him successful. All the above famous personalities come from humble backgrounds but, what they did has now become history.