To my daddy dearest – the rock of my life
Hello my old man. How have you been? Are you still worrying about me? Don’t you worry, I will be fine.
You be my first teacher- from cycles to now bikes. From alphabets to Grade 8 Mathematics. My rock to keep me grounded. My partner-in -crime for the late night fridge visit. Someone who is never busy for me, just one call away. Someone who will always worry about me. Here’s a 5 things I want you to know, dad.
1. I Have Always Been Proud Of The Fact That You Always Refer To Me As “He” To The WorldIn this male-dominated world, you have been given the freedom to spread my wings, rather than restricting my wings just because I’m a girl.
2. Despite Being Tired, I Will Always Be Happy And Chirpy, Just So That I Can See That Beautiful Meaningful Smile Of YoursI know that you would do the same.
3. I Will Always Run To You, When I Am In TroubleSometimes even from mummy. Because I know that you will be my knight. You know that it is mostly me at fault, yet you trust me enough to not repeat these mistakes in the future. I have learnt from my mistakes and it’s all because of you. I won’t deny that.
4. Something’s Amiss When You Aren’t There With Us, Especially During The Festival SeasonI have to confess- I get jealous, when I see my friends be with their father and I get to see you once a year. Despite being oceans apart, you will always be in my heart and I will always worry about you.
And the best part is when mother tells me that you still look at me, the same way you used to when I was 5 years old, my heart of hearts rejoices and nothing in the world can give me that. I don’t want it to change, ever. I cherish this truth, despite being 19 something, you will always look me as your angel.
5. I Am Becoming A Little Bit Of PerfectionI guess you rubbing it off to me after all these years. You will always be my Superman. I have seen you fall and rise since that terrible accident claimed our life. My Knight. My first-love
I maybe fiercely independent, but with you, I will always be your little princess, who simply refuses to grow up. You and I are one of kind when it comes to expressing our emotions. Words aren’t easy for us but we let our actions do the talking. I may not have said this to you daddy, but I will always love you no matter what.