India is known for its diversity. The many states have many different practices. The culture and heritage of India makes it distinct as a nation from others. Here are a list of things that only Indians do.
1. Leaving shoes outside the houseThis is one habit no Indian ever forgets. Whosoever house it maybe, we always enter it without shoes.
2. Atithi Devo Bhava, Guests are equivalent to GodsAtithi Devo Bhava as they say. We try our best to take proper care of our guests, always making sure they get enough food and we are always ready to help them out when they need. We ensure they are comfortable even if that means we have to sacrifice some of our comfort.
3. Eating with handsWe all know how to eat with chopsticks or any other thing. But, we still prefer eating with hands. There is a different feeling of satisfaction while eating with hands.
4. No Hair Cuts on TuesdaysThis is an old belief but still a vast majority of Indians follow this. Infact a lot of barber shops don't open their shops on Tuesdays due to this.
5. Epic Indian JugaadWe always manage and adjust. That’s the way we live. There are innovative ways by which people get their work done sometimes because of jugaad! This helps us to live in as minimalist way as possible.
These are some of the things that all Indians have in common. We grow up with some of these things happening around us. So, we don’t necessarily learn them. We become habituated. Nevertheless, we should be proud to be an Indian.