The universal debate between F.R.I.E.N.D.S is going to be a never ending one.
1. Nothing Ever Good Happens After 2am (S1,E18)This was an entire episode around what Ted’s mother always told him. The episode gave us quite a few different scenarios to let the viewer realize just why Ted’s mother was so adamant on this particular theory. Really? When it is after 2 am, it is better to just close your eyes and sleep.
2. The Littlest Thing Can Cause A Ripple Effect That Changes Your Life. (S2E15)What Ted meant to say was, one thing, one small incident can lead to a chain of event that can drastically alter your life and you would not even realize it. And it is not necessary that this can be a bad thing. In the episode, we see how him not taking a job he thought he was destined for, was a key reason him meeting his future wife.
3. We’re Going To Get Older Whether We Like It Or Not, So The Only Question Is Whether We Get On With Our Lives, Or Desperately Cling To The Past. (S4E4)In this episode, Ted made everyone realize that growing old was not an option. But, what was optional was the way we were going to live their lives. They could hold on to the past, or they could rather let things go and go with the flow. IT was all a matter of how you wanted to live your life.
4. There Are A Lot Of Little Reasons Why The Big Things In Our Lives Happen. (S4E22)Like before, TED recounts the small steps that he took, deliberately or because the universe wanted him to which led to him meeting ‘the mother’.
5. Look, You Can’t Design Your Life Like A Building. It Doesn’t Work That Way. You Just Have To Live It… And It’ll Design Itself. (S4E24)When Ted is facing a job crisis, taking up the job of a professor and facing the ‘reality’ that his career as an architecture is over, Lilly makes him realize that life is not like a project. It is a reality, nobody else is going to come and design it for him, it is his job to create his own life map along the way.
6. I Realized That I’m Searching, Searching For What I Really Want In Life. And You Know What? I Have Absolutely No Idea What That Is. (S8E29)It can be a weird moment for a How I Met Your mother fan to see Barney being philosophical and so..mature? But, in rare events, even our dear ol’ Barney can spew life altering life lessons.