Most of us have a habit of stocking up biscuits. We only end up regretting later when we have to throw them all out as they become stale. But, you would be surprised to know that you can use these old biscuits or cookies in many yummy ways. Here are a few ways by which you can jazz up your leftover biscuits.
1. Smoothies and ShakesHow about adding biscuits crumbs to them just the way you add muesli or some seeds? Grind some leftover biscuits with dry fruits or spices. Store these crumbs and use them on your shakes and smoothies. They definitely add to the taste.
2. Baking Tray LiningYou must be using flour after greasing your cake tin or tray. How about lining up the tray or tin with finely crushed and powdered pieces of these biscuits?
3. Pie CrustGrind the biscuits till you get a coarse paste. Add cardamom powder, cinnamon powder and molten butter and grind it again. Press this mix down the mould of a pie or cheesecake. Add the other ingredients and have a delicious cake or pie.
4. Butter Made Up Of BiscuitYou must have come across many spreads. How about blending with oil a few crumbs of the biscuits? You will sure be addicted to the spread. Grind crumbs with sugar, heavy cream, unsalted butter or oil to get this butter.
5. Ice Cream SandwichGround up some biscuits, chocolate, cinnamon and butter to make dough. Bake this for about 10 minutes. Cut it out into square shapes and put a scoop of ice cream in between two bars and refrigerate. Have it after an hour or so. Perfect one for the upcoming summer.
6. CroutonsBreak into cubes and saute in butter. Stir it into the yoghurt or sprinkle it on your sundaes. It makes the usual sundaes and yoghurt delicious.
7. Layer Up Your Trifle DessertAdd a layer of biscuit crumbs to your trifle dessert. Then layer these crumbs up with jam, fresh fruits and yoghurt. Freeze it and your dessert will be ready.
See the stale and old biscuits are not a complete waste after all. Offer these above treats to guests who visit you and have a good time sharing recipes.