As the seventh season of arguably the greatest ever TV show came to a close, fanatics are now eager for the eighth and final season of The Game of Thrones as the show approaches a grand finale. The show has delivered countless breath-taking scenarios and an eventful storyline. The witty characters of the show have earned the limelight with their prompt and intelligent dialogues. Let’s recap some of the greatest quotes from the show as the razzmatazz around GOT grows more than ever;
1. “Power resides where men believe it resides. It’s a trick. A shadow on the wall. And a very small man can cast a very large shadow.” – Lord VarysThe Master of Whispers, Lord Varys practically summed up everything related to power and control in a single statement. Men often undermine themselves on how less influential they are, but truth is that even a small man can prove to be very powerful if he harnesses his strength with utmost perfection.
2. “The good lords are dead, and the rest are monsters.” – Brienne of TarthA common scenario in the modern world, where most of the people in power and greedy and selfish. Anyone who tries to stand against cruelty of those in power is crushed to death. Brienne delivered several philosophical statements in the show since her introduction.
3. “A wise man once said a true history of the world is a history of great conversations in elegant rooms.” – Tyrion LannisterOne of the wittiest character of the show, Tyrion Lannister summed up everything regarding dialogue and action. It is believed in general that violence is the solution to everything, however, the history of the world is truly shaped with dialogue.
4. “Leave one wolf alive and the sheep are never safe.” – Arya StarkArya Stark quoted this famous one-liner showcasing how even a single man with a pure heart could destroy all those whose hearts are fill with hatred and jealousy. We shall be the change we to see in the world, and if our motive is right, even our solo effort would be a giant leap towards success.
5. “The things we do for love.” – Jaime LannisterOne of the most controversial love affair in the series, Jamie commented on his relationship with Cersei Lannister that all he did was for love, and truly, love is the purest emotion of human body, and can take a human to great heights to defend his love.
6. “The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.” – Eddard StarkA noble and wise man, Ned Stark calmly gave a life lesson on bravery. Modern men are generally too weak and frightened to take action into their own hands and depend on others to serve them. However, the ideology should be that each man must stand for himself.
7. “Chaos isn’t a pit. Chaos is a ladder.” – Petyr BaelishLittlefinger’s witty thoughts sparked life to the show. In this famous one-liner, Petyr Baelish explained how Chaos can be used as a positive for the growth of the world, only if one knows how to reap its benefits, something Baelish himself mastered in.