The Flash, aka Barry Allen aka The Fastest Man Alive has long exciting superhero carrier with the CW Flash Television series, endless comic books, movie appearances and cartoons. He is main source of speed forces of all the speedsters that include Jay Garrick, Bart Allen and Wally West.
With his humble beginnings as a silver age superhero, The Flash is one of the most important members of the DC Comics Universe as well as a founding member of The Justice League. October 13 is the day when the freak accident gave Barry Allen super speed paving his way to become The Flash. He isn’t just someone who can tap into the speedforce.He’s more and here are 7 lessons that we must learn from this scarlet speedster.
1. Always Be Optimistic And Sometimes Unpredictable[The founding members of the Justice League, get imprisoned by the Justice Lords of alternate universe]
Flash: You figured a way out of here?
Flash: Nou mean not yet?
Batman: No. Not going to.
[Lord Batman panics as Flash flat lines and “dies” and as he attempts to check the Flash’s condition, The Flash punches] You will appreciate this someday
[Batman is imprisoned; The Flash rapidly pushes buttons on a nearby control panel.]
Batman: What are you doing?
The Flash: Trying every possible combination.
Batman: 9-1-9-3-9. [Also the date that the first Batman comic was published in Detective Comics]
[Flash pauses, then punches it in, opening the door.]
Flash: How'd you know?
Batman: They're the same numbers I use. What did you do?
Flash: I sped up my heart until it looked like it flat-lined.
Batman: I didn't know you could do that.
Flash: Neither did I, but I had to come up with something if you weren't going to.
Batman: I couldn't - not with him anticipating everything I could ever think of. But who could anticipate you?
[Justice League S02E12 - A Better World (Part 2)]
2. Imagination Always Helps. Afterall, The Creative Adult Is The Child Who Has SurvivedThawne (or better known as the Reverse Flash): What are you doing? You can't escape. (Seeing The Flash trapped in his 25th century contraption)You can't reach the bomb to disarm it. You're going to die.
Flash: You may have my powers, Thawne, but you have almost zero imagination about using them. (Vibrates himself and the adhesive breaks)Looks like 25th-century technology is pretty delicate.
[[Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox (2013)]
3. A Little Flirting Goes A Long WayThe Flash: Where have you been all my life?
Wonder Woman: Themyscira.
The Flash: Huh?
Hawkgirl: The home of the Amazons. I always thought it was merely a legend.
Wonder Woman: I assure you, it's as real as the ground on which we stand.
Flash: Pinch me, I must be dreaming. (Superman elbows him) Ow!
["Justice League: Secret Origins: Part II (#1.2)" (2001)]
4. Always Have A Plan-B"Justice League: Secret Origins: Part II (#1.2)" (2001)
Flash: What's the problem? Can't you just whip up another batch of that nerve gas?
Martian Manhunter: Unfortunately, no. The gas can only be made from a rare Martian plant. I brought a sample with me, but it was destroyed when I was captured.
Flash: Uh, what's Plan B?
5. Every Actions Has ConsequencesBarry had to learn this the hard way when he went back in time and prevented his mother’s murder. This messed up the timeline with ripple effects making Thomas Wayne (Bruce Wayne’s father) Batman, Superman imprisoned by the government and war between Aquaman and Wonder Woman nearly bringing the world to an end.
The Flash: [about Flash's Mother] I just wanted to save her.
Professor Zoom: Her hero; how noble. Oh, wait! You didn't stop JFK from getting assassinated or make sure Hitler stayed in art school. You saved your mommy. You missed her.
[Starts kicking Flash]
Professor Zoom: And in a supreme act of selfishness shattered history like a rank amateur, turned the world into a living hell moments away from destruction and *I'm* the villain?
[Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox (2013)]
6. Learn To Honor The Real HeroesFire: All I know is, Superman's gonna be pretty ticked that we let Luthor get away just to keep some musty old museum from being destroyed.
[Flash looks and sees Chuck and Hawkgirl standing at attention before the Blackhawk memorial - Chuck saluting, Hawkgirl with head bowed] The Flash: It was worth it.
7. Not Letting Anger Blind Our Actions[Superman has been apparently killed by Toyman; Wonder Woman grabs Toyman.]
Toyman: What are you going to do to me?
Wonder Woman: I'm going to punch a hole in your head.
The Flash: We don't do that to our enemies.
Wonder Woman: Speak for yourself!
The Flash: I'm trying to speak for Superman.
The Flash: I used to be able to goof around so much because I knew Superman had my back. Now all I've got is his example, and that's gonna have to be enough.
["Justice League Unlimited: I Am Legion (S03E01)" (2005)]