David Tennant, better known as the Tenth doctor or simply the Ten in the British hit TV series ‘Doctor Who’ is simply one of best Doctor of all time. And also the fan favorite.
David Tennant played the Tenth Doctor for three seasons of the shows followed by a handful of special episode notably ‘The Day of The Doctor’ making him the longest running Doctor in the modern history of the show(although he doesn’t come any close to Tom Blaker who played the Doctor from 1974 to 1981).
1. Blink And You’re DeadIn the episode “Blink”, we are introduced to the Weeping Angels, a group of “lonely assassins” who can send their victims decades back in time with just a touch. However, they turn into stone whenever anyone looks at them and thus ten’s warning: “Blink and you’re dead”
2. “Allons-y”It’s French for “let’s go!” “Allons-y” was the Tenth Doctor’s catchphrase for pretty much his entire life. I need this on a shirt!!
3. “Sorry. That’s The Lion King.”When David Tennant first gets introduced to us in the Christmas special episode titled “The Christmas Invasion, he wakes up from a regeneration-induced coma perfectly in time to save the planet Earth from a horde of Sycorax. As he tries to appeal to their better senses, he realizes that he’s actually quoting a classic Disney movie.
4. Timey-Wimey Stuff“People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it’s more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey stuff.”
This is simply one of the best possible explanations of the fabric of time from the episode “Blink” where The Doctor who is trapped in 1969, uses a hidden messages on DVDs to return back home. Well, home where the home is for the doctor.
5. I’m The DoctorRickston Slade: Hang on a minute. Who put you in charge? And who in the hell are you, anyway?
The Doctor: I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the constellation of Kasterborous. I'm nine hundred and three years old, and I'm the man who's gonna save your lives and all six billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?
Slade: [surprised] No.
The Doctor: In that case... allons-y!
He is a total badass who cares about the lives of millions of people in the ship.
6. I Don’t Want To GoThe Doctor: [Last words in his 10th incarnation]: I don't want to go.
This scene had us reaching for tissues before we even knew it. This emotional farewell just can’t get any better like the character arc of the ten. I have something in my eye.
7. Nothing But The Truth“Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty. It's not the time that matters, it's the person."- The Tenth Doctor, the Lazarus Experiment. So true, Doc. So true.