Wonder Woman(2017) is a two hour solid action packed with empowerment. It depicted a strong female lead, Diana that we have been longing for since the reboot of Ghostbusters. The animated movie about Wonder Woman (2008), sure had its moments. Of course, the famous 90s Justice League animated series also showed Wonder Woman as she fought alongside men of the Justice League with her strength and cheeky comments.
Here are 8 of the most inspiring quotes of Wonder Woman to help you take on Ares (‘every Monday morning blues’ in our universe), the world or any obstacles that dares to cross your path.
1. She Knows That There’s A Thin Line Between The Good And BadDiana Prince: I used to want to save the world. To end war and bring peace to mankind. But then, I glimpsed the darkness that lives within their light. I learned that inside every one of them, there will always be both. The choice each must make for themselves - something no hero will ever defeat. I've touched the darkness that lives in between the light. Seen the worst of this world, and the best. Seen the terrible things men do to each other in the name of hatred, and the lengths they'll go to for love. Now I know. Only love can save this world. So I stay. I fight, and I give... for the world I know can be. This is my mission, now. Forever.
2. On Believing What Truly MattersAres: They don't deserve your protection!
Diana Prince: It's not about deserve, it's about what you believe. And I believe in love.
3. Like The Truth Of Each Monday MorningDiana Prince: What one does with the truth is more difficult than you think. I learnt this the hard way, a long, long time ago. And now, my life will never be the same...
4. Just Don’t Tell Her What To DoSteve Trevor: [trying to stop Diana killing Ludendorff] I can't let you do this.
Diana Prince: What I do is not up to you.
5. Always The Self LessWonder Woman: I didn't need you to save me. I needed you to stop Ares.
Steve Trevor: Hey, if it weren't for me, you wouldn't be here right now.
Wonder Woman: I'm an Amazon, Steve. We're prepared from birth to give our lives in battle. I knew what the consequences were going in to this mission. I bet you would have acted differently, if I were a man.
Steve Trevor: Oh, playing the sex card again, are you? You know what? I've had just about enough of listening to you go on about how terrible men are.
Wonder Woman: Does the truth hurt, Steve?
Steve Trevor: News flash: The Amazons ain't so perfect either. You act brave, but cutting yourselves off from the outside world was cowardly. Not to mention stupid. Like less communication between men and women is what the world needed.
Wonder Woman: How dare you?
Steve Trevor: No! I'm not done. You met your first man, what, like 15 minutes ago. And you think you have us all figured out. Well, I'm sorry, but not everything a man does is to further some misogynistic agenda. We don't hold doors open or pull out chairs for women because we're trying to keep you down. And I didn't save you because I thought were some damsel in distress. I saved you because... Because I care about you, Diana. And I'm not gonna abandon a friend in need, man or woman.
Wonder Woman: You should have saved the world, instead of me...
Steve Trevor: Maybe I figured the world's not worth saving if you're not in it.
6. She Is Indeed The Man Who CanSteve: “This war is a great big mess, and there’s not a whole lot you and I can do about that. I mean, we can get back to London and try to get to the men who can.”
Diana: “I am the man who can.”
7. For Those Who Say That They Don’t Have Enough TimeDiana Prince: What is that?
Steve Trevor: That is a watch.
Diana Prince: What does it do?
Steve Trevor: It tells the time. It tells you when to sleep, to eat...
Diana Prince: That tiny thing tells you what to do?
8. Dear Morning Coffee , Give Me StrengthWonder Woman: (practicing for her return to Themyscira after she runs away from home in quest to save the world alongside the Justice League ) "You look more radiant than ever, Mother...”. No. (tries again on what she would say when she meets her mother) "Gone, Mother? I didn't go anywhere. I was in my room... alone... for eight months...” Definitely not. (tries again) "The world was in peril! Would you have me stand by and do nothing...?" Hera give me strength...