Nearly over 80 years with around 57 feature films from Walt Disney Animation Studios have beloved for their one-of-a-kind iconic fairy tales, memorable comic-relief sidekicks (like Gus from Cinderella or Baloo from Jungle Book), terrifying villains (like Evil Queen or Jafar from Aladdin or Scar from The Lion King) and some of the greatest songs (some are even whispers from cupid himself).
With it comes to animated Disney movies, these musical numbers definitely go the distance. With that in mind, here’s the list of 9 best Disney songs.
1. Hakuna Matata from The Lion King (1994)“It means no worries
For the rest of your days
It's our problem-free philosophy
Well, for starters, it is one of my many alarm tunes. Hakuna Matata is like a euphoria-inducing musical drug and it’s no passing craze as it continues to a favorite for millions.
2. I See the Light - TangledI generally love all the Disney songs (guilty as charged) but this one will always stand out to me. Maybe it’s because of the beautiful scene it plays with just as beautiful number from Mandy Moore. Flynn and Rapunzel on a romantic boat ride at night with thousands of lanterns covering the sky. Urgh Disney, maybe you are the reason we are becoming cheesy.
3. “Circle of Life” From The Lion King (1994)My day literally starts with this uplifting number as it is my first morning alarm of the day. Circle of Life is played at the film’s opening four minutes as an enticement for audiences. The animals of Pride Rock are introduced to Simba, the King’s infant son, with this song providing some excitement and uplift.
Goosebumps and chills every time I hear this number.
4. I Won't Say (I'm in Love) - Hercules“If there's a prize for rotten judgment,
I guess I've already won that
No man is worth the aggravation
That's ancient history, been there, done that”
Perhaps my favorite Disney princess song. ! The way she hasn't lost her sanity and personality just because a guy appears, but is still stating her feelings, is incredible!
5. Can You Feel the Love Tonight - The Lion King“Can you feel the love tonight?
The peace the evening brings
The world, for once, in perfect harmony
With all its living things”
This song is simply of the best Disney love songs ever. With lyrics and beautiful music completely in sync, this song is truly magical.
6. “Almost There” From The Princess and the Frog (2009)“I remember Daddy told me: “Fairytales can come true
You gotta make 'em happen, it all depends on you"
So I work real hard each and every day
Now things for sure are going my way
Just doing what I do”
It is a inspiring jazzy up-tempo song where waitress Tiana sings to her mother that she’s ‘almost there’ to realizing her dream of running a New Orleans restaurant dedicated to her father.
7. “The Bare Necessities” From The Jungle Book (1967)“Look for the bare necessities
The simple bare necessities
Forget about your worries and your strife
I mean the bare necessities
That's why a bear can rest at ease
With just the bare necessities of life”
This laid back jazzy style number sung by Baloo (played by Bill Murray) continues to be one of Disney’s best ever pieces of music.
8. Beauty and the Beast(“Tale as Old as Time”) - Beauty and the Beast“Tale as old as time, a-a-ay
Tune as old as song, oh
Bitter-sweet and strange
Finding you can change
Learning you were wrong”
The mouse house never fails to sweep us off our feet.
This melody is simply stunning with chandlers simmering above, we are given a view of the breathtaking waltz. Simply astounding. It is truly a ‘Tale as Old as Time’.
9. Go the Distance- Hercules(1997)“Like a shooting star, I will go the distance
I will search the world, I will face its harms
I don't care how far, I can go the distance
'Till I find my hero's welcome waiting in your arms”
Perhaps the lyrics says a million words about this songs. Literally. This song has perfect inspirational number with fist-pumping motivation and uplifting our spirits.