Relationships need a lot of maintenance. Sometimes saying the wrong things at the wrong time escalate minor misunderstandings. Girlfriends aren’t as fragile as the movies and TV shows portray, but, there are certain phrases that sure set them off. Here a few such things you should never say to your girlfriend.
1. That dress makes you look fatYou are honest but, keep it to yourself. Nobody likes being commented on she/he having put on weight.
2. You look fineJust fine? Not fabulous or marvellous or any other positive superlative. Even when she is trying on dresses and asking you about your comments, never say this. Reinforce a little more in a better way.
3. She looks cuteNever say this about another woman while your girlfriend is with you. Be careful when your girlfriend herself asks you about the way another lady looks, it can be an entrapment. Answer very carefully.
4. Don’t overreactSay this and you would have never seen her angrier. She will definitely make a deal out of it, though she definitely knows that she is overreacting.
5. WhateverThis just reflects your indifference and she hates it. It shows that you don’t care. This can be very rude when said in an argument.
6. You will never understandThis just makes her so less important and leaves her offended. Why won’t she? Because she is a woman? Share with her and see her providing you with the best solutions.
7. Why are you being so emotional?Instead of asking this try to understand what is troubling her. Comfort her and don’t go on poking her.
8. Why do you wear so much make-up?Girls don’t wear makeup necessarily to impress. Sometimes it makes them feel good about themselves. So, don’t comment on their make-up.
9. My ex also used to do thatThis means you still think about your past. Don’t let it ruin your future. Never bring up your ex in any conversation. Never ever.
Probably you would have got a good idea of what are the things that puts off your girlfriend. Keep in mind and avoid these phrases. Especially, during an argument.