It’s tough to resist temptations. But, it is recommended to resist them when they do nothing but harm. Forming habits is easy but, getting rid of them is difficult. Bad habits are the ones that we should do away with and good habits are the ones we should indulge in often. Leading a happy and healthy life is only possible when the bad habits are given up. Here are some bad habits which one should stop immediately to lead a healthier life.
1. Getting Engrossed In Self-PityIt’s not uncommon to find people engaged in self-loathing because of how lonely they are. It’s a busy world. So, never expect that someone will be there for you always. It harms our mental health when we think too much about our loneliness and do nothing about it. Use the time productively instead. Indulge in hobbies or watch your favourite shows or pamper yourself.
2. SmokingIt is extremely injurious to health. It leads to blood clots which again lead to many serious health complications.
3. Binge DrinkingLimit your alcohol intake. Binge drinking leads to severe liver damage, weight gain, dizziness or even a feeling of being tired always.
4. Being Stuck In Toxic RelationshipsThese relationships can be any, ranging from romantic relationships to friendships. If you feel the relationship is abusive or draining your energy in any way (physically, emotionally) then, do something about it. Give up and start a fresh life if nothing works but, don’t lose yourself trying to maintain a relationship which gives you nothing but, pain at the end.
5. Skipping BreakfastRemember that the most important meal of the day is the breakfast. Never miss it. Don’t eat it in a hurry too. Eat something balanced. Not eating breakfast frequently is related to poor digestive system functioning.
6. Not Removing Makeup During SleepMany girls have the habit of sleeping with makeup on. This happens often if they return from a party quite late and feel too exhausted to remove the makeup. This eventually leads to closed skin pores, spots and rough skin. If you have eye makeup on while sleeping, such as mascara or kajal, then, irritation may result, with the long term effects being as serious as vision loss.
7. Taking Many MedicationsIt’s bad to always depend on medicines for every other health issue, be it minor stomach ache or headache. This leads to more nutrient intake which is not good for health and may have side effects. Learn to distinguish when the health problems are serious enough to go for medication and always consult a doctor before popping any pill.
8. Eating FastWith the hectic everyday lifestyle, it is not possible to eat calmly. We swallow food often without chewing. You should atleast take 20 minutes to finish each meal. Eating very fast is linked to bloating and acidity.
Thus, replace these bad habits with good ones and have a healthier and fulfilling life.