‘How I Met Your Mother’ kept us hooked till the 9th season when we finally got to meet the mother. The best thing that the show gave us apart from the intriguing storyline and some memorable scenes was Barney Stinson. We were taught so many rules and theories by this amazing guy which we for sure had never heard of before. Here are some of the best quotes of Barney Stinson.
1. When He Gives Lily The Reason Behind Him Wearing The Reflecting, Silver Shirt To The Club“One of the many similarities between girls and fish is that they are both attracted to shiny objects. You really never read my blog, do you?”
2. On Why He Doesn’t Take It Slow With A Girl“Ted, the only reason to wait a month for sex is if the girl is 17 years, 11 months old.”
3. When Going To Attend A Party In Philadelphia“It’s gonna be legend... wait for it... and I hope you are not lactose intolerant because the second half of that word is dairy... Legendary.”
4. Barney Is Still Barney Even If With A Cold“Whenever I start feeling sick, I just stop being sick and be awesome instead. True story.”
5. The three days rule. Why should guys wait for three days before calling a girl?“Jesus... seriously, Jesus started the whole three days wait thing. He waited for whole three days to come back to life. It was perfect. If he’d have only waited one day, a lot of people wouldn’t have even heard that he died. They’d be all, ‘Hey, Jesus. What up?’ And Jesus would probably be like. ‘What up? I died yesterday.’ And then they’d be all, ‘Uh, you look pretty alive to me, dude.’ And then Jesus would have to explain how he was resurrected and how it was a miracle. And then the dude would be like, ‘Uh, Ok. Whatever you say, bro.’
“... And the he’s not gonna come back on a Saturday. Everybody’s busy doing chores, working the loom, trimming their beards. No, he waits the exact right number of days. Three.”
“...Plus, it’s Sunday so everyone’s in church already. They’re all in there, ‘Aw, no. Jesus is dead. Then, bam. He bursts through the backdoor. Runs up the aisle, everyone’s totally psyched. And FYI, that’s when he invented the high-five. Three days, Ted. We wait three days to call a woman because that’s how long Jesus wants us to wait. True story.”
6. When He Meets Ted“Ted, I am gonna teach you how to live. ... Lesson 1, lose the goatee. It doesn’t go with your suit.”
Ted: I am not wearing a suit.
Barney: Lesson 2, get a suit. Suits are cool. Exhibit A.
It’s fun as well as quite challenging to quote Barney.