Mostly we have a habit of always comparing our country to the other countries. We even look out for flaws in our state of affairs. While it is true that a lot of things need to be improved but it would be wrong to say that India is not progressing. Though the pace is slow. There are many facts about our country which we may not even have made an effort to know about. Here are some such facts.
1. Hindustan Unilever Limited Is Not An Indian CompanyThe Anglo-Dutch company, Unilever has the above company as its subsidiary.
2. Peter England Is An Indian BrandIt is the largest menswear brand. Madura Fashion and Lifestyle which is a division of Aditya Birla Nuvo Ltd has a hold over it.
3. Indian Ocean Is One Of Its KindBecause it is the only ocean all over the world that is named after a country.
4. Navi Mumbai Is The Largest Planned Township On The PlanetIt was developed in 1972 and is a planned satellite township.
5. Snakes And Ladder, Chess, Snooker Have All Originated In IndiaThe family of dice board games including Gyan chauper and pachisi had snakes and ladder as a part too. Chess was played as chaturanga which by the 6th century flourished in India. During 1875, other coloured balls were added to the recent version of billiards that resembled snooker.
6. The World's Highest Battlefield Is The Siachen GlacierIt is located 20000 feet above the sea level. As the region lies in Kashmir, there is a conflict between India and Pakistan regarding it.
7. The Fourth Largest Rail Network In The World Is The Indian RailwaysAlmost 1.6 million people are employed in the Indian Railways.
It’s fascinating to know that India is at par or above with other countries in many respects.