“For there is no friend like a sister in calm or stormy weather; To cheer one on the tedious way, to fetch one if one goes astray, to lift one if one totters down, to strengthen whilst one stands.” - Christina Rossetti.
Having a sister is like having a best friend at home!
Here are the perks of having a sister.
(Might not want to read it if you're a single child though, LOL.)
1. Two WardrobesYES! Having a sister comes with the greatest boon of getting an extra wardrobe. Feeling short of clothes when you have multiple events to attend? Grab the extra set of outfits. You always have more choices in dresses as you have two Wardrobes in the house for you, which solves the perennial “What to wear?” problem for girls!
What more does a girl need!!??
2. Honest CriticA sister always gives the brutally honest opinion about how you look. She won't sugarcoat it for you, nor will she lie to make you happy. Therefore, the “how do I look?” question is most suited for none other than your sister.
3. Deep ConversationsOne of the best part of having a sister is that you can have endless deep conversations with her. She can give you life lessons and also tell you where you went wrong. Talks which you cannot have with your parents, you can always have with her.
4. A Permanent Hangout BuddyWhen all your best friends are busy, you can always go out with your sister. She will always be your backup hangout partner- be it a movie outing or a restaurant one.
5. Role ModelA sister is someone you look up to. She becomes your role model. In times of need, you can always consult her for advices, as she is the one who knows your true self.
6. Common LanguageWhen you have a sister, you tend to develop a language or any sign of your own which only you both can understand. Siblings can communicate even with the eyes. The bond is just that strong.
7. HelperA sister also works as a helper to you. She helps you choose things while shopping, helps you do get ready for any event, and also helps you in your work at times. She also helps you get permission from your parents by taking your side. She is your partner-in-crime for any mischief.
Occasional fights happen, but what strengthens their love is that they will always be together at the end of the day.