We can never be enough thankful to the Indian Army. They are the reason why we live as peacefully as we do. They don’t care about themselves just so that the entire nation is safe and secure. Here are 10 interesting facts about Indian Army.
1. The Highest Bridge In The World Is Built By The Indian ArmyLocated in the valley of Ladakh in the Himalayan mountains and between the Dras and Suru rivers, the Bailey Bridge was built in 1982.
2. The Indian Army Controls The Siachen GlacierBeing located about 5000 m. above sea level, it is the highest battlefields in the world.
3. The Cavalry Regiment Of The Indian Army Makes It Stand OutThis is because in the whole world there are only 3 such regiments and ours is one of them.
4. United Nations Peace Making Operations Is Benefited By ThemThe Indian Army is one of the substantial troop contributors for these operations.
5. It Is The Biggest Voluntary Army In The WorldSoldiers become a part of it because of their own will. They are never forced.
6. Operation Rahat (2013)It was one of the biggest civilian rescue operations in the world and it was carried out successfully by the Indian army.
7. There Are No Reservations In The Indian ArmyWe know how strict the trials and tests are, to become a part of the prestigious Indian Armed Forces but, you become a soldier based on your fitness and merit. There are no reservations unlike other Government institutions and organizations.
8. The Ezhimala Naval Academy In Kerala Is One Of Its Kind In The Whole Of AsiaInaugurated by the then PM in 2009, it is the largest of its kind.
9. The Battle Of Longewala Had Only Two Casualities On The Indian SideThe movie ‘Border’ was based on this battle. It was fought between India and Pakistan in 1971.
10.High Altitude And Mountain Warfare Are What Our Soldiers Are Best AtThe High Altitude Warfare School of the Indian Army is one of the very best military training centres in the world. The Special Ops team from the Russia, US and UK often come here for training.
Undoubtedly, the valour and bravery of the Indian Army deserves respect and I will still maintain that we can never thank them enough for letting us live freely with peace of mind everyday.