New Year parties are full of enthusiasm and fun. To embrace a fresh start to 2017 you will definitely be in search of the best New Year party in town. Being one of the most hyped nights several things can go wrong in a rocking New Year party. Here are the things that you must avoid at such parties.
1. Don’t binge drinkKnow your limits. It’s never a good idea to throw up at a New Year party at last. Also, never drive back if you are under the influence of alcohol.
2. Avoid using your phoneIt’s not uncommon that you will get a little drunk. People do try out a number of new things in these parties. Make sure you don’t end up drunk texting your ex.
3. Keep your provoking nature in limitsIt’s common that people provoke their non-smoking non-drinking friends to try a little in the party. But, don’t overdo it to a level where you end up offending them.
4. Ogling at girlsPassing comments is wrong. Know when you are cracking a joke and when it’s just crossing line. Keep a check on your friends so that they don’t indulge in this too.
5. Wearing high heelsNobody will notice it and swoon as it will be too dark. You will face difficulties while walking. So, go for something comfortable.
6. Making coffee plansNew Year party is not a place to make any serious commitments. Also, make sure you don’t share too much of your personal information.
7. Being extremely loudIt won’t gain you much attention or respect. Infact, you will be remembered by the onlookers as the loud-mouthed person at the party.
8. Wearing a tiny dress which makes you shiverIt’s winter time. Keep in mind that it will be extremely cold during night time. You will get nothing by wearing something just to get a compliment or two, by feeling uncomfortable yourself.
9. Discussions on sensitive topicsAgain, always remember this is not a place where anything is to be taken seriously. So, avoid serious discussions which can lead to unpleasant atmosphere.
10. Don’t lose cool on anyoneIt’s the last place meant for arguments. Be it the waiters or security men, don’t lose cool on anyone. Empathise with them as they are doing their duty instead of being with their family. No matter how irritating a situation might get, handle as maturely as you can.
It’s very easy to lose track of your surroundings at a New Year party. The spirit of New Year celebrations shouldn’t take a toll on you. Happy New Year!