1. Yogi Adityanath was sworn as the new Chief minister of Uttar Pradesh. He plans to free the state from anarchy, corruption, gun culture and goondas promote overall growth of the country.
2. Vodafone India and Idea Cellular have decided to merge and make the largest telecom operation company in India. Vodafone will own 45.1% of combined company after transferring around 4.9 percent to Idea founders for Rs 3,874 crore in cash whereas Idea founders will hold 26 percent of the combined entity. The prime motto of this merger is to strengthen the operations in order to compete against the intense price war triggered by Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Jio.
3. Punjab Agricultural University (PAU) has developed the first genetically modified (Bt) cotton seeds that can be reused, resulting in saving of input cost to farmers.
4. Women working in the organized sector will now be entitled to paid maternity leave of 26 weeks, up from 12 weeks, as Parliament passed a bill in this regard that will benefit about 1.8 million women.
5. Indian cricketing legend Sachin Tendulkar was announced as the official ambassador of Women's Cricket World Cup 2017 by the International Cricket Council (ICC).
6. Goods and Services Tax gets a thumbs up from Lok Sabha, may enter the administration from July.
7. Radhanagar on the Havelock Island in the Andamans has featured among the top 10 in TripAdvisor’s ‘World’s Travellers’ Choice Award-Winning Beaches’. The Radhanagar beach has secured No 8 position in the world and first spot in Asia.
8. India's first integrated heliport inaugurated at Rohini in North Delhi. The heliport consists of a terminal building having a capacity of 150 passengers, four hangars with the parking capacity of 16 helicopters and nine parking bays.
9. Former Indian women's cricketer Shantha Rangaswamy has become the first female cricketer to be nominated for the BCCI Lifetime Achievement Award.
10. Indian filmmaker Alankrita Shrivastava's Lipstick Under My Burkha, which has been denied a certificate by the country's movie censor board, has bagged the Audience Award at the Glasgow Film Festival 2017.
11. Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, has again topped the list of top Indian cities equipped to manage urbanization, according to an evaluation of 21 major cities across 18 states by Janaagraha Centre for Citizenship and Democracy.
12. The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) has entered the Limca Book of World Records for erecting 200 U-shaped girders, the maximum to be launched on any metro corridor in the country within a month.
13. Sudhin Mathur has been named Managing Director of Motorola Mobility India and has been inducted as a full-time director on the company's Board.
14. Bakri Hassan Saleh, a military officer involved in the bloodless coup that brought Bashir to power three decades ago, was named prime minister by the executive bureau of the president’s National Congress Party (NCP).
15. Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee granted official status to the Kurukh language spoken by Oraon and Kisan tribes, and the Rajbanshi-Kamtapuri language spoken by the Koch Rajbanshi community, to mark International Mother Language Day.
16. India ranked a lowly 122 on a list of the world’s happiest countries, dropping four slots from last year and coming behind China, Pakistan, and Nepal.
17. Five Indians, including Paytm Founder and CEO Vijay Shekhar Sharma and Shruti Shibulal of The Tamara Hospitality, have made it to the World Economic Forum's 100 Young Global Leaders list.
18. Roger Federer won a record-tying fifth BNP Paribas Open crown as he defeated Stan Wawrinka 6-4, 7-5 in an all-Swiss final at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden.
19. Ganga and Yamuna rivers are living entities as per Uttarakhand High Court. It is the first time a court has recognized a non-human as a living entity in India.
20. The Indian Space Research Organisation (Isro) has joined the 36th scientific mission to Antarctica, organized by the National Centre for Antarctic and Ocean Research (NCAOR).