That time of the year is here again. Everyone is busy thinking how to make a new start. Resolutions are something that we all make even though we swear not to. The common resolutions that are forgotten by the second week of January are ‘I will learn something new, maybe a musical instrument or a programming language’, or ‘I will go on a walk everyday’. Not that the resolutions are wrong but, maybe the approach to them is. So, here are 5 New Year resolutions that you should take this year.
1. Quit smokingYou can easily get rid of this habit. Seek help if you feel it’s getting difficult on your part to quit it all by yourself.
2. Enjoy what you haveComplain less, make time for friends and family. Always live in the present. Memories are the only thing that we can hold onto.
3. Stop chasing peopleThose who tend to always please others, lack self-esteem. Whoever is meant to come and stay in your life, eventually will. Don’t force yourself into any kind of relationship.
4. Save moneyStop splurging unnecessarily. Your savings account will be helpful to you only in the long run. Understand your financial responsibilities and learn to be independent.
5. Don’t announce your resolutionsPsychology says that you are less motivated to follow up on any promise you make if you let everyone know about it. So, keep your resolutions to yourself and track your progress often.
The key to keeping up with the New Year resolutions is by making small and realistic promises. Make resolutions that are manageable. Don’t aim too high. This way you prevent your resolutions from flying out of your window as soon as they are made. Happy New Year!