With the exclusive trailer of Padmavati hitting YouTube a few days ago, we have something that is keenly observed and linked to the then-hit Bajirao Mastani.
1. ActorsThe very gorgeous Deepika Padukone and the very dashing Ranveer Singh have both acted in these films. No wonder, Deepika Padukone still carries the beautiful and charming look in the very first scene of the trailer. Though Ranveer has a very changed attire from a dear obeying Peshwa to a lust-struck Allahuddin Khilgi. One thing is sure; we are going to miss their sizzling chemistry in Padmavati like the one in Bajirao Mastani.
2. The Production HouseAt the very start of the trailer, it can be seen that the production house for both the movies is the same that is Bhansali Productions. Bajirao Mastani is jointly produced by Eros International’s Kishore Lulla and Sanjal Leela Bhansali while Padmavati has also been produced by Sanjay Leela Bhansali. Indeed Sanjay Leela Bhansali makes mesmerizing movies flashing forth a tinge of our Historical India.
3. The Sets of both the MoviesIt is very easily observed that the same sets of Bajirao Mastani have been used for Padmavati with a few alterations. Even after giving it a makeover, a few vibes from the old palace still remain the same. The fort shown in the movie is the same. Also, the Aangan or the place for both the songs namely Pinga and Ghoomar are the same.
The pond along with a fountain can also be seen in a particular scene of Bajirao Mastani
4. Mesmerizing Dance By DeepikaWhen Deepika elegantly dances to the tunes of ‘Deewani Mastani’ and ‘Ghoomar’ she makes sure she enchants the palace surrounding. In Deewani Mastani, we can see an uncomfortable Priyanka Chopra or ‘Kashi’ watch ‘Mastani dance in the Dancing hall, while Ranveer Singh, the Peshwa of the kingdom getting enthralled by her dance.
With the recent release of the first song of Padmavati named ‘Ghoomar’, Deepika dances being the centre of attraction while the Rajput is bewitched and awed by her beauty and elegant steps. Down below, another woman sits witnessing her performance and getting equally uncomfortable by her beauty.
The steps choreographed for the songs, ‘ Mohe rang Do Laal’ from Bajirao mastani and Ghoomar from Padmavati with multiple background dancers twirling around in heavy dresses is almost similar.
5. DialoguesBoth the trailers have similar dialogues penned for different characters.
Dialogue by Mastani in the trailer
“Ishq, joh toofani dariya se bagavat kar jaaye woh ishq ... bhare darbar mein joh duniya se ladh jaaye woh ishq , joh mehboob ko dekhe toh khuda ko bhool jaaye woh ishq”
Dialogue by Rajput in Padmavati Trailer
“Chinta ko talwar ki nok pe rakhe, woh Rajput ... ret ki naav lekar samundar se shart lagaye, woh Rajput ... aur jiska sar kate phir bhi dhad dushman se ladta rahe, woh Rajput”
Apart from the listed ones, there are many more similarities. If you want to catch them all make sure you watch both the movies!