Sunil Gawaskar, then Sachin Tendulkar and now Virat Kohli; India’s always been the country of the batsmen. This aggressive batsman of today, Virat Kohli is all set to break previous records. Recently, in 5th ODI against West Indies, he slammed his 28th century in ODI’s. Earlier, Kohli became fastest to reach 8000 runs in ODI and now with this century, he has broken the record of Sachin Tendulkar of 17 centuries while chasing in only 102 innings; where Sachin took 232 innings. Here are some of the best centuries slammed by Virat Kohli while chasing-
1. 133 from 86 balls vs Sri Lanka, 2012After the completion of the first inning with a good score of 320/4; India has to chase the target within 40 overs. It looked like an impossible task, but with the excellence of Kohli and Gambhir, the score was chased in 37 overs. Further, the match led to the rivalry of Kohli and Malinga, when Virat scored 24 runs in an over.
2. 122 from 105 balls vs England, 2017This debut captaincy of Virat Kohli proved a good one foe him. England set a huge score of 350. India again started the match poorly. It was already 63/4 when Virat Kohli came with Kedar Jadhav and turned the fate of the match. He scored another century with a partnership of 200 off 146 balls. This great inning by Kohli changed the match entirely.
3. 100 from 52 balls vs Australia in 2013India was already 0-1 in the series and it was a great pressure on the team to win the match. After that, Australia scored a massive total of 350 runs. Rohit and Dhawan scored 177 from 26 overs after which Kohli thrashed the bowlers completely, scoring a century off just 52 balls.
4. 183 from 144 balls vs Pakistan, Asia cup 2012Highest ODI score by Virat, 183 in the match between rivalries India and Pakistan. With this overwhelming support of Kohli, India chased the target of 330 in just 47.5 overs. This was undoubtedly a big century in every format of the game.
5. 115 from 66 balls vs Australia, 2013Australia scored a huge 350, but almost everyone played a good game in the second inning. A 100 by Shikhar Dhawan and subsequently, another century by Virat Kohli made us win the game.
6. 139 from 139 balls vs Sri Lanka, 2014Though the score was not too big, it was 286 by Sri Lanka. But India has lost two important wickets too early in the inning, but Virat proved himself a good part of the team with 139 scores and finally we chased the score.
7. 111 from 115 balls vs West indies, 2017206 runs to chase and Virat just nailed it. With this century, he passed over Sachin Tendulkar’s record of 17 centuries while chasing in 232 innings. Kohli finished the match in Dhoni style hitting a gigantic six in the last ball.