Indian television shows can surprise anyone literally not because of its awe-somatic screenplays but for their monotonous replays and fixed notches where amnesia is highly contagious and it is not advisable to have a baby as they will get lost, exchanged or kidnapped.
These serials should be preceded with a warning that goes something like this
‘The following program is a highly fictional monotonous documentary that is made out a real-life situation that never really happened or will never happen’…
Every serial seems to be the same of a combination of following storylines, except for difference in names, characters and locations.
1. Elder Sibling’s Marriage Leads To Younger Sibling’s LoveElder brother gets married. The younger brother falls in love with the bride's younger sister and they soon get married.
2. Bizarre KidnappingAs off-screen holiday for the actor leads to on-screen kidnapping,either the female or male lead goes missing or assumed dead or kidnapped .Their look-like fills their place and almost falls in love as well. Exhausting much?
3. Marriage Of CircumstancesThe star-crossed couple get married by circumstances or by accident (You read it right ...The lead couple get married by accident). Sometimes one forcefully marries the other and sometimes it's a 6 month contract marriage.
4. The Orthodox Mother-In-LawA rich male protagonist will fall in love with a lower middle class woman and his parents will not approve of it. The mother-in-law would always be a tradition persistent and orthodox woman, who believes in getting things done her way no matter what.
5. The Ones With A Dark PastThe male protagonist, (due to his dark past) refuses to fall in love and meets his fiercely independent woman, who contracts him in every way possible. They still end up falling in love and turns out that the woman too has a past. Either one of his family members killed her parents or they died in an accident or her parents may have killed his parents.
6. Mysterious Supernatural BeingsSci-fi characters is trending the market nowadays and every television show is trying to infuse into their stories as evil serpent and ghosts. A snake goddess vows to kill the male lead's family to avenge her parents' death. The snake goddess ends up getting married to him and falls in love.
And continues to create chaos to ruin his family.
7. Of Course, Kitchen PoliticsWell, that’s the obvious. Fights whether the rotis are round enough or whether her kheer is the best. Phew!!
Am I forgetting any another major serial plots?? And of course, if the show runs out of plastic surgeries and bizarre kidnappings, there is always generation gap and funny enough, the younger lot grow older while the ‘older’ cast remains as young as ever. Indian television shows is where love always starts with a fight, and in the end of years long series, they would end up falling hard for each other despite all the hatred paving their way into becoming World’s aww-inducing couple. I am not even kidding.