Every year the Republic Day parade is attended by a large number of people. The arrangements for the event start almost 6 months in advance. Here are the things you should know about republic day parade.
1. The Parade Is LengthyThe final parade is 9 km long. However during practice and rehearsals, each contingent marches for as long as 12 km.
2. The Flypast Is The Best Part Of The ParadeUsually it’s in the charge of the Western Air Command and the weather is monitored in real time for the same.
3. There Is high Security Employed During The Entire Time35,000 security cordon look into the celebrations along with Delhi Police personnel and sniffer dogs.
4. Everything Is OrganizedThe planning is done so well in advance even for the last minute of the show that if there is any problem by chance in the beginning, the entire show will get affected.
5. The Speed At Which Each Tableau Moves Is 5 Km/HourThis is done to allow the notable people in the crowd have enough time to have a look at it.
6. Marching Contingents Have An Early DayThey wake up and get ready by 3 am. They get almost 600 hours of practice before the actual event so, everything remains etched in their memory.
7. Four Levels Of Security Screening For Each & Every Participating SoldierIt’s compulsory and the weapons that they carry are thoroughly checked before the event commences.
8. Remember the 21 gun salutes that happen in the beginning?It’s not actually 21 guns that fire. These are actually the 7 artillery guns of the Indian army that were built in 1941. They are also known as the ’25 pounders’ and they take part in all the celebratory functions of the army.
9. The State Of The Art Equipments That Are Showcased Are Kept Well-Guarded In The India Gate ComplexThey undergo strict scrutiny and are painted during the preparations for their final show.
The parade definitely showcases India’s vigour. Don’t miss it.