Rahul Dravid, most popularly known as The Wall of Indian Cricket, has been one of those few players who made a major mark in the Indian Cricket. Even after his retirement he is actively contributing by coaching and mentoring the India Under 19 squad. Lets take a look at some of his best innings on the ocassion of his birthday.
1. 180 vs Aus in 2001 (Kolkata Test)One of the most memorable and famous Test victories for team India came as a result of great performances by VVS Laxman, Rahul Dravid and Harbhajan Singh. Even though his performance in that innings always got overshadowed but it was trully an important knock to set the pace for the win.
2. 144 v West Indies in 2002 (Georgetown)Indian team was in trouble while responding to WI mammoth total of 501. India lost early wickets and Dravid's innings helped India save that test match and also put a break to overseas Test defeats.
3. 233 vs Aus in 2003 (Adelaide)This innings of Dravid brought back the memories of 2001 Kolkata Test. Team India was in a bad situation after losing early wickets but Dravid's great double century knock helped India in achieving their first Test victory on Australian soil after 23 years.
4. 270 vs Pak in 2004 (Rawalpindi)Team India was visiting Pakistan after a long gap of 15 years and there was a lot of hype surrounding that series. Moreover India had never won a series in Pakistan and Rawalpindi Test being a decider gave them a perfect opportunity to make history. Even though his innings was a bit scratchy but his grit and determination helped India clinch their first series victory in Pakistan.
5. 76* vs in 2004 (Lahore ODI)India was chasing a total of 293 and was down to 162 for 5 in 24 overs. Dravid took the responsibility on his shoulders and came up with a partnership of 132 with Kaif and pulled a victory from the jaws of defeat.
Even though there are lots of many other great knocks played by the legend but we will end our list here and cover the other ones in a different article. Happy Birthday to the Wall of Indian Cricket.