The male dominated world often fails to recognize the confident women out there who are no less than their male counterparts in any sphere. Inborn limitations are considered to be the major obstacle in giving a career oriented and focused woman her rightful success. However, these days it is great to see women being as successful as or even more successful than men in some spheres. The world of entrepreneurship has even seen a lot of successful women entrepreneurs who have shaped business with their wonderful ideas. Here are some of the most successful women entrepreneurs in India.
1. Kiran Mazumdar ShawShe is the founder Chairman and Managing Director of Biocon India Limited. It is a bio-pharmaceutical company and has done some great work in biomedicine research.
2. Indra NooyiShe is the chairman and CFO of PepsiCo. She began her career working in India for Johnson and Johnson and then Mettur Beardsell.
3. Chanda KochharShe is the MD and CEO of ICICI bank. She has taken up her role in one of the largest private banks of India and completed her responsibilities with full dedication.
4. Neelam DhawanShe is the MD of HP-India. She is a known face in the Indian IT sector. She wanted to work with Asian Paints and Hindustan Lever prior to Hewlett Packard, but, as women were not a part of the marketing division of the said former companies at that time, she eventually joined HP.
5. Ekta KapoorShe is famous as one of the successful producers in the entertainment world. She has created a niche for herself. She is the JMD and Creative Director of Balaji Telefilms.
6. Shahnaz HusainIt’s difficult to imagine the herbal cosmetics industry without her. She is the CEO of Shahnaz Herbals Inc.
7. Indu JainShe is the former chairperson of the Times Group (the most powerful and the largest media house of India). The company currently is being run by her two sons. She had addressed the UN in 2000.
8. Simone TataShe is the current chairperson of Trent Limited. She is Ratan Tata’s stepmother. The largest cosmetic brand in India – Lakme was her idea.
Indeed, these women are inspirations for all the aspiring men and women entrepreneurs out there.