Reading is a very healthy habit which everyone must cultivate. It’s a gift that parents and teachers can give to the young children. It’s a habit that innovators and leaders maintain. Most business owners read about tips to improve their business or ways to build their business. But, autobiographies are something that every business owner must read, because if they can, then, why can’t you? Here are some of the must read books for every aspiring entrepreneur.
1. Founders at Work: Stories of Startups’ Early Days by Jessica LivingstonThis is meant for those who give preference to shorter reads about entrepreneurs. It is a collection of profiles of innovators such as Sabeer Bhatia (Hotmail), Steve Wozniak (Apple), Mitch Kapor (Lotus), Caterina Fake (Flickr) and Max Levchin (PayPal).
2. The Facebook Effect: The Real Inside Story of Mark Zuckerberg and the World’s Fastest Growing Company by David KirkpatrickThis book gives a profile of Mark Zuckerberg and the rapid rise of Facebook from a dorm room at Harvard to becoming the giant of social media.
3. Titan: The Life of John D. Rockefeller by Ron ChernowRockefeller who started out as an accountant ended up becoming the richest man in the world. He was competitive, generous, paid attention to details, made tough decisions and was excellent at recognizing talent. He displays how to develop an emerging industry to a huge company.
4. Steve Jobs by Walter IsaacsonThis book has as its basis over 40 interviews with Steve Jobs which were conducted over a period of 2 years. It also includes interviews with 100 and more adversaries, colleagues, friends, competitors and family members.
5. The Snowball: Warren Buffet and the Business of Life by Alice SchroederWarren Buffet is a genius in the world of investment. Insights have been provided in this book about this legend.
6. The Hard Thing About Hard Things by Ben HorrowitzThe author has shared his insights of his experiences as well as analyzed the problems that leaders face everyday. He has shared the lessons he has learnt, alongwith tips of maintaining the mentality of CEO and facing competitors.
7. Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future by Ashlee VanceIn this book, the author has explored the extraordinary life of the most valiant entrepreneur of Silicon Valley. Musk was interviewed for 30 hours and over 300 people were conversed with to know more about Musk’s life journey, which started as a disorderly upbringing in South Africa and has made him reach the peak of the global business world.
8. The Everything Store: Jeff Bezos and the Age of Amazon by Brad StoneIt has in-depth focus on the life at the most famous online shopping portal - Amazon. The way Jeff Bezos wanted Amazon to be the everything store by offering us convenience as well as many options to select from, has been discussed in this book.