Sales people often hear many things from their customers. Mostly they never pay heed to all those rude comments made by the customers as it’s often due to bad manners. But, if it’s something very mean, sales people do feel hurt. Here are a few things you should never say to a sales person.
1. ‘Busy Right Now, Can’t Talk.’If you were stuck up in something really important you would have never answered the call at all. You can in a polite way rather say that you are not interested so that the sales person doesn’t waste time trying to contact you again. Though those pro in sales must have heard the busy line way too many times.
2. ‘I Will Be Back In Sometime.’People who say this never mean it. Ofcourse, they never return. But, somehow the salesperson still holds on to one last hope, just in case. So say it if you are really going to do so.
3. ‘Let’s Not Play Games.’The sales person will get into a self-justifying mode after hearing it. So all those chances that you had of getting some really good deals are gone for now.
4. ‘Oh, I Also Used To Work In Sales. Let Me Tell You How To Do It.’The training that you both have got maybe different, the companies maybe different, the sales person would have taken up an approach that she/he is convenient with, so your suggestions really won’t help. Things change pretty fast today and your ideas may have already become outdated. So least you could do is show compassion to the sales person.
5. Don’t You Think You Should Have Gone To College And Done Some Real Job.’Most salespeople are atleast graduates. So, everyone is educated and it’s truly not your business to think what could have been a better choice in their life. They might be doing this part time. And sales is a real job for many out there and sales people can afford a decent living. Again, the world has changed and engineers and doctors are not the only ‘real’ professionals out there.
6. ‘You Better Give Me This At The Lowest Price Or I Am Not At All Buying.’Sometimes this doesn’t work. Especially if there are really good sales, the person might just leave and make a huge sale somewhere else and you may end up regretting how the quoted price was really low and you were going for even more discounts. Maybe rephrase it and avoid being too direct. You may end up saving a couple more money or else get it if you like the product.
7. ‘There Maybe A Better Deal Elsewhere.’You must have enough facts to support your statement. Else the salesperson will get it if you are making it up.
8. ‘I Think I Know More About The Product Than You From What I Read Online.’You maybe right and the salesperson maybe telling something wrong about the product. But, remember salespeople keep themselves updated about their product on a daily basis. That’s their job. So they fully focus on it and put their heart and soul into it. You might have just done a onetime Google search. Think who knows better.
It’s wise to respect all professions equally. Moreover, we should never forget that the sales people are human beings too and are just doing their job. Maybe let them do it and we might end up learning something new.