Initial days of any career are full of struggles. The world of business is intricate and cumbersome. Making it big in there requires a lot of perseverance and patience. But, nothing is impossible if one truly wants to achieve something. Here are a few Indian entrepreneurs who have made it big.
1. DhiruBhai AmbaniHe is the founder of one of the largest private sector companies in India - Reliance. It went onto become one of the global corporate groups, all because of his efforts. The Bollywood movie ‘Guru’ is based on his life.
2. Naina Lal KidwaiShe is the Group General Manager and the Country Head of HSBC India. She was the first Indian woman to have graduated from the prestigious Harvard Business School. She has made some remarkable contributions in the field of trade and industry.
3. JRD TataThe Tata Group (found by Jamshetji Tata) was turned into an incredible success by him (JRD Tata). The Tata Group owns the following and operates them too – Tata Steel, Tata Power and Indian Institute of Sciences. Tata Airlines (now Air India) was started by him. He was conferred with the highest civilian award of India (the Bharat Ratna).
4. Patricia NarayanShe was the winner of FICCI woman entrepreneur of the year award in 2015. Having started her career 30 years ago, she has definitely come a long way. She owns a chain of restaurants after overcoming many obstacles.
5. Ardeshir GodrejThe famous Godrej group owes all its fame to him. Now, the group deals with a diverse range of business interests such as appliances, FMCG products, real estate, security. He is also the brain behind the famous soap – Cinthol, the first ever soap without animal fat.
They have all definitely created a change in the entrepreneurship world. Their stories and their success make them role models.