Indian and foods are just a perfect combo. We Indians are real foodie by heart and most of us have exposed ourselves to so many cuisines that even we don’t know that when and where are craving for which dish will take upon us and make us restless. Even on going for any type of tour our one of the main concern is,” Will we get proper food there?” Even while sending their children away from home for further studies one of the main concern of parents and children both is,” Don’t know what type of food will they get there?”Going out of house the main thing which the women of the house be it a sister, a mother or a wife all are just concerned about lunchboxes.
We Indians are actually so much in love with food that we have traditionally devoted one of the major sections of our family, i.e. the female section to kitchen just to fulfill our foodie desires.
Nowadays when staying away from our family has become a compulsion for us, be it for studies or for job there are many restaurants which provide us with tasty foods, but its not possible every time to go to a restaurant and cool down our appetite. So, here is a list of top food delivery apps for all the smart Indians to bring their craving to an end
1. ZomatoDeveloped by Deepinder Goyal and Pankaj Chaddah in 2008, Zomato is free to download on all three leading mobile platforms: Windows smartphones, iOS and Android. The app operates in India and abroad. It features a huge database of restaurants and food outlets. You can even get to know about ‘Thelas’ on offer. It is extremely easy to use and gets regularly updated to keep bugs away. Zomato app also integrates a network of food enthusiasts and reviewers. You can choose from restaurants for dining based on their reviews. You can review restaurants and their menu by creating a profile on their website.
2. FoodpandaFounded by Rohit Chadda, Akhilesh Bali and Amit Kohli in 2012, Foodpanda is the most popular food delivery app in India. It is free to download on Android and iOS platforms. It has a larger database of restaurants in metropolises, cities and major towns. Foodpanda lets users create profiles, save favorite restaurants and get quick access to them. It offers different payment options including cash on delivery and debit / credit cards.
3. TravelKhanaCompatible with Android smartphones, this food delivery app is very helpful for train travellers in India. As the name suggests, TravelKhana enables travellers to order food of their choice from their train compartments. It relieves travellers from the ordeal of eating junk food on railway platforms. TravelKhana operates 24 hours to deliver fresh food in over 2000 trains across India. You can also use TravelKhana app to check the PNR status of your booking and time table of trains
4. Just EatJust Eat is one of the fast-growing food delivery apps in India. It lets users locate restaurants and order food on the go. It delivers orders from over 3000 restaurants and lets users choose from 52 cuisines and 3 lakh dishes. Just Eat food delivery app saves users’ address and provides them with coupons to let them save on time and money respectively.
5. Domino’s PizzaDomino’s pizza delivery app is mostly popular with pizza lovers across India. It works on Android, Windows Smartphones and iOS. The app provides users with the easiest way to order food without making a call. The unique feature of Domino’s Pizza delivery app is that it allows users to apply coupons to their orders and also choose the mode of payment as per their convenience.
6. Faaso’sKallol Banerjee and Jaydeep Barman are the founders of this food delivery app that hit the market in 2011. Faaso’s food delivery app is compatible with Windows Phones, Android and iPhones. It is mostly used in Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Bangalore and Pune. The app is fairly simple to use and allows users to customize their orders in multiple ways.
7. SwiggySwiggy food delivery app is the latest entrant in the Indian market. Founded by Rahul Jaimini, Nandan Reddy and Sriharsha Majety in 2014, Swiggy started operating in Bangalore and spread out in Hyderabad, Pune, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai and Delhi NCR in 2015. It is a single window for foodies to order food from a wide range of restaurants from any neighbourhood. Supported by an exclusive fleet of delivery boys, Swiggy provides efficient service. Unlike other food delivery apps, Swiggy has no minimum order policy. The USP of Swiggy is one delivery at a time ensuring fast and reliable service. Moreover, it offers lucrative coupons and deals.
8. FoodMingoFounded by Pushpinder Singh in 2012, FoodMingo is currently operating across Hyderabad, Pune, Bangalore and Aurangabad. Available for free download on Android, iOS and Windows phones, FoodMingo app enables users to order food online from and book tables at restaurants of their choice. It also offers coupons and deals from its partner restaurants in those cities. Users of FoodMingo app can track their orders in real time.
9. TinMenBased in Hyderabad, TinMen ties up with home chefs to deliver homemade food to office goers across the city. The mobile-based technological version of Mumbai dabbawalas as cofounder Mukesh Manda refers to it, TinMen works on a B2B model. Companies that take care of their employees’ health by offering them food as a perk recharge the TinMen wallet with an amount for the employees who then order food using the app till the amount runs out.
10. TastyKhanaTastyKhana was founded by Shachin Bharadwaj and Sheldon D’souza in 2007. Available on Android and iOS platforms, it enables users to get instant access to its database of over 7,000 restaurants across India. It provides a few options to let users create profiles, save restaurant locations and their previous orders. You can choose to pay through net banking, cash on delivery or credit/debit card. Foodpanda acquired this food delivery service in 2014.