It doesn’t matter what kind of gamer you are, your hardware is always an important factor for the fate of your game, whether you will win or not, how good you will score and everything. Some gamer prefers the general screen or monitor to display, whereas some passionate requires a special gaming monitor for the astonishing visual effects used by the developer in the game. You always need a great monitor which can show you fast actions without any interruption. If your monitor keeps up with you, then the game is really entertaining, but if it is lagging behind and showing some blurred images, then definitely you need to have a better gaming monitor. However, it is possible that you can’t figure out the differences between traditional and gaming monitors by observing them physically, but there will be difference in speed, performance and/or resolution. So have a look at various factors for selecting a gaming monitor.
1. What To Look ForThere is a large variety available in the market for gaming monitors. A gaming monitor is something which will be with you for many years and you’re not going to replace every alternate month or even a year. Therefore, before purchasing one, you have to take care of many factors such as No disturbance must occur during the game, screen output mustn’t flicker and many more things. Following are some points which must be taken into consideration for selecting the best –
2. Gaming Monitor SizeWhen talking about the size, bigger one is always of greater interest, You always love a big screen to play on. But the price is also directly proportional to screen size, so take care! Most of the players are satisfied with 23 to 24 inches, but for an exceptional experience, try 27 inch gaming monitor.
3. Resolution Of ScreenWith the continuous improvement in technologies, nobody wants to go for less than full HD 1080p (i.e. 1920×1080). The next level of resolution is the Quad High Definition (2560×1440), which can be found in 27 inch monitor. If the cost is not an issue for you, then you may go for Ultra High Definition(UHD) monitor with a phenomenal resolution of 3840×2160 and have the best gaming experience by observing every single detail in the monitor.
4. Pixel Response And Refresh RateRefresh rate is the measure of how many frames per second monitor can display. Pixel response is the time taken by monitor to change from one shade of grey to another. Gaming monitors should have a pixel response and a high refresh rate. Pixel response (grey to grey) of 2 milliseconds is considered to be ideal, whereas it is tolerable up to 4 milliseconds for gaming monitors. Refresh rate is measured in hertz and the standard rate is 60 Hz. By paying some more amount, you can buy a monitor with a refresh rate of 120Hz also. The higher the refresh rate is, better will be the gaming monitor and consequently better will be the gaming experience. Also, low pixel distortions and lagging behind of screen output.
5. Panel TechnologyThere is no much difference between LED technology based monitors and LCD technology based monitors. LED monitor uses LED backlighting which provides a brighter display output and also offers low power consumption. Moreover, you can observe details distinctly from any angle you want. Obviously, to get something extra, you have to give more, therefore, LED monitors are a little costlier than LCD monitors.
6. Video InputsA gaming monitor must have a variety and a number of video inputs so that you can connect your gaming monitor to multiple PC’s and gaming stations like Xbox and PS etc. There must be HDMI ports and USB ports to connect external peripherals and enjoy multiplayer.
So, these are the factors which must be taken into consideration while buying a gaming monitor. Take care of all these specifications and have the best gaming monitors according to your requirements.