Summer is here. The scorching heat of the summer makes most of us run for cover. We like to unwind by planning a trip to places that help us beat the heat while letting us have an amazing vacation. Be it the high peaks of the north or the calmness of the south, India does have some of the best places to spend the summer in. Here are a few places in India that you can visit this summer.
1. MunnarIt is located 6000 feet above sea level. The heavenly weather makes you forget all the woes and worries of your daily life. Try fishing, trekking and mountaineering when you are here.
2. ManaliA must go place for those who seek some thrill and adventure. Try trekking, paragliding and white water rafting. And definitely visit the Solang valley.
3. CoorgIt is located in Karnataka. It is popularly known as the 'Scotland of India'. The coffee plantations and greenery give this place an amazing look. Do visit the Abbey Falls.
4. OotyThis popular hill station has a distinct colonial charm attached to it. The pretty cottages and lush surroundings add to the visual delight.
5. KodaikanalIt's also known as the 'Princess of hill stations'. It is located 7200 feet above sea level. The pleasant weather and many sightseeing and activities opportunities make it one of the popular summer vacation destinations.
6. LadakhOne of the most preferred summer vacation destinations. The breathtaking views, lakes and adventurous mountain passes will make you not wanting to leave this place. In addition to that the absolutely lovely weather will make you fall in love with this place even more.
7. Mount AbuIt has many temples. Noteworthy are the Jain temples here which are rich in architectural magnificence and superb carvings.
8. SikkimThe North East side of our country is the most unexplored region. This place will for sure cool up your summer with the gushing waterfalls, monasteries and the many valleys.
9. DarjeelingIt is a beautiful hill station. Surrounded by tea plantations this place gives some of the best views. Don't miss trying out the food and tea when you are here.
10. WayanadIt is also called as 'Green Paradise'. It is located in Kerala. The hills make it even more charming. Have a great bird watching session at the bird sanctuary.
Pack your bags, plan a trip and have a fun-filled vacation ahead.