The diversity that India possesses attracts a lot of foreign tourists. The climate varies from being the coldest in Kashmir to the driest in Rajasthan (Thar Desert) to being the rainiest in Cherrapunji. Alongwith this the many different cultures, languages and dialects also add to the diversity. Anyone would definitely find India quite interesting. Here is a list of cities that foreigners prefer to travel in India.
1. AgraThe land of the historical monument ‘Taj Mahal’. Being one of the seven wonders of the world, it sure marks a lot of foreigners coming to visit it. They never miss the beautiful look of Taj Mahal during sunset. The perfect symmetry makes it look all the more beautiful.
2. KochiGod’s Own Country, Kerala is admired by the foreigners because of its greenery. Its backwaters is definitely the one that is the most visited. Staying on the houseboats is one lifetime experience indeed.
3. Jaipur/UdaipurJaipur is also popularly known as the Pink City. Both Jaipur and Udaipur boast various monuments and forts. Hawa Mahal, Amber Fort, Jal Mahal and Jantar Mantar are some of the most visited sites in these cities.
4. VaranasiIt is also regarded as the spiritual capital of India. Located in the state of Uttar Pradesh, most foreigners visit the sacred waters of the river Ganges and witness all the activities that are carried out.
5. MumbaiIt is well-connected to almost all the major international destinations. The Gateway of India and some of the well-known hotels are located here. So, this is quite convenient for the foreigners for visiting the places around and finding an accommodation.
Though India has diversity but, we are all united as a part of one democratic country. These visits by the foreign tourists sure contributes significantly towards the country’s economy.