Life is like topography. There are summits of happiness and success, flat stretches of boring routine and valleys of frustration and failure. It’s easy to believe everything has to be done one way if you are always in one place around the same people. Some people have also made vacations to be of one pattern, for many of us vacation means getting high on adrenaline. But it’s not always just pumping it up. At intervals, we also need to calm our souls. Those rappers you watch on screens, they are always not surrounded by high beats only, they also go deliberate at times.
There is a void created by the pace of metropolitans in our life, once in a while you need to fill it by escaping from the “routine” and going to some isolated place to summon back your senses or just spend some comforting time embracing your partner.
India has loads of such places, let’s have a quick look on some of the prime serene locations in our country…
1. Rishikesh, Uttarakhand – Lessons Of SelfThis is a small city at foothills of Himalayas, it becomes what you want it to be. You can simply feel the calmness of Ganges here to revive your inner wisdom. Get Yoga classes or break in the small silent café’s, make this place your spiritual nirvana.
2. Auroville, Tamil Nadu– City Of DawnSpiritual hub near the old French colony of Puducherry / Pondicherry. Go for meditation, acquire peace at the Green Belt area or go for any of the healing courses there. Attain serenity while staying in the sleepy-town ambience of the township.
3. Silent Valley National Park, Kerala – Ecological DiversityKerala’s Palakkad region witnesses this stunningly natural place with Kunti River flowing amidst its greens. Though you can’t stay there, but you can stay in Calicut and visit awesome beaches and waterfalls. Once you have entered the state, don’t leave without going to Verakala as well.
4. Kasol,Himachal – Best Solo DestinationThis is the himachal’s best kept secret, here you can just go and be there. Once you are in Kasol, you forget rest of the world. This pristine village is just an ideal location to be under that camp and take long walks among the woods and chill around.
5. Coorg, Karnataka – Scotland of IndiaAt a height of 3500ft & with the company of clouds, the loudest sound you’ll hear is your heartbeat. If you are not a coffee person, you’ll become one after getting the freshly brewed coffee here. Go here to get the “green therapy”.
Why to go distant places? To come back and see the same place you have been since long with new eyes and more colors. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving. May hope, peace and serenity find you…