Are you looking for an exotic beach or serene mountains this summer vacations? Well don’t look here and there, we have compiled an amazing list which includes the varied topography of India –
1. LadakhLadakh is the top most preferred location in North India during summer vacations. The place is referred to as “Little Tibet” and also considered to be the most favourite destination for motorcyclist from around the world. It has range of mountains, lovely lakes and breathtaking view with suitable weather. Another great piece of news is that it is safe location for young solo women travellers.
Places to visit - Zanskar Valley, Pangong Tso Lake, Khardung-La Pass, Spituk Gompa, and Hemis National Park, Tso Moriri and Tso Kar and Hunder.
Things to do - ride a double-humped Bactrian camel, and ride a bike.
2. SikkimNorth-east side of India remains unexplored yet majestical. Sikkim provides a treat to all sorts of travellers with its Buddhist monasteries, amazing waterfalls, unexplored caves, and trekking. The alluring tea estates and valleys are laden with 200 species of orchids.
Places to visit- Ravangla, Kunchendzonga peak, Nathu La, Hanuman Tok, Tsogmo Lake, Gurudwara Nanak Lama Sahib, Gurudongmar Lake.
Things to do – Paragliding, River rafting, riding a yak.
3. CoorgCoorg is the most opulent destinations in southern part of the country for its exuberant landscape. The place is often termed as the “Scotland of India” and “Kashmir of South” due to its pleasant weather conditions and stunning mountain peaks. Located in the Western Ghats, it has always delighted the tourist.
Places to visit - Abbey Falls, Nalknad Palace, Barapole River,Namdroling Monastery, and Nagarhole National Park.
Things to do – Trekking, Jeep safari, River rafting.
4. Andaman & Nicobar IslandsOne of the most popular beach destination in India. The ambience, marine life, sunny skies, unexplored beaches makes it the most appealing place in summers.
Places to visit - Cellular Jail National Memorial, Radhanagar Beach, Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park, and Chidiya Tapu.
Things to do - Banana Boat riding, scuba diving, parasailing, light & sound show at the Cellular Jail.
5. OotyAnother prime place located in Tamil Nadu. It offers a visual delight with pretty cottages, lush greenery, botanical gardens, churches, coffee and tea plantations. The famous toy train takes you to a journey which recreates th same old magic of the previous era.
Places to visit - Doddabetta Peak, Tiger Hill and Ooty Lake, tribal Toda huts, Deer Park, St Stephen’s Church, and Kalhatty Waterfalls.
Things to do - Ride the Nilgiri Toy Train, horse riding, boating in Ooty Lake, mountain biking.