Travel enthusiasts always enjoy road trips. There is a certain charm in a road trip which no other mode of transport can match upto. Road trips are inexpensive and a great learning experience. Here are some road trips that you must embark upon if you reside in India.
1. Mumbai – Pune
One of the best road trips. Weekend getaways to Lonavala is something that no one would ever want to miss. The 93 km long expressway provides some picturesque views. Eat out at 'The Kinara Village Dhaba’ and ‘Sunny Da Dhaba’.
Source: Indian Express
2. Bangalore - CoorgThe distance is 260 km. Take the bypass from Srirangapatna to escape the traffic. Coorg is beautiful in monsoon and it’s also known as the ‘Scotland of India’.
3. Delhi - LehProbably the most popular of all the road trips. Manali falls in between and the journey from Manali onwards is just like Kareena Kapoor’s song ‘Yeh Ishq Hai’ from Jab We Met. Though the road condition worsens due to higher altitude but, the beauty of the surroundings can’t be captured in words.
Source: India Today
4. Chennai - PondicherryYou get to travel on the road with sea on one side. One of the most beautiful roads. You will pass through Mahabalipuram before reaching India’s French city.
5. Mumbai - GoaIt will take 10 hours so, start early so that you can reach just before the party is about to start. There are many food courts on the way so, you won’t face any issues.
6. Bangalore – GoaThe IT professionals in the Silicon Valley of India chill in their weekends by taking this wonderful trip. Car is recommended for this route and the distance is 566 km.
7. Visakhapatnam - ArakuThe distance is 116 km. The curly roads and the hills make it a sight to behold. There are many places to see on the way such as Borra caves.
8. Chennai - MunnarA perfect weekend getaway from Chennai. The lush greenery of Munnar would sure make you take many photographs. The distance is 600 km.
9. Kolkata – PuriThe distance is 580 km. You will be left awed by the serenity of the surroundings. You will also pass through Kharagpur on the way. Don’t miss the beach side sunset and crab fries at Puri.
So, pack a pair of flip-flops and a sunscreen and go ahead with your favourite road trip. Invest in experiences. Memories are the only thing that one can hold onto.