2016 was sure a bad year for those who look forward to holidays. Most of the major holidays fell on Sundays. But, you would be delighted to know that 2017 has a lot of long weekends to offer. So go through the list and make your advance plans to best utilize these days.
1. Jovial January26th January, i.e., Republic Day falls on Thursday. You need to take leave only on 27th. Most offices do have Saturdays off as well. You have a 4 days long weekend. Gujarat would be a perfect place to visit during this time.
2. Fantastic February24th February, i.e., Mahashivratri, falls on Friday. Couple it with Saturday and Sunday and you get a 3 days long weekend. The unexplored state of Madhya Pradesh can be visited during this time.
3. Marvellous March13th March which is Holi falls on Monday. So 11th, 12th and 13th make a colourful long weekend. 28th March is Guddi Padva. Take leave on 27th and you have a 4 days long weekend. Sundarbans will leave you spellbound if you plan a trip during this season.
4. Awesome AprilRam Navami falls on the 4th, so take 3rd as off and you have 4 days long weekend. Baisakhi and Good Friday are adjoining and so you have a 3 days long weekend again. Holiday at Leh Ladakh for an adventurous weekend.
5. Jazzy June26th, i.e., Eid falls on a Monday, so you get a 3 days long weekend from 24th-26th. Visiting Darjeeling will give you a perfect escape from the scorching heat.
6. Amazing August12th – 20th August makes the longest holidays. You have to take a few days off. But, during this time August is aligned in holidays such as Janamashtami, Independence Day, Parsi New Year and Ganesh Chaturthi. God’s own country, Kerala will be a perfect destination to visit as you will have ample time to roam around.
7. Overenthusiastic OctoberYou get a whooping 9-days long holiday from 14th-22nd, if you take 17th and 19th off. Dhanteras, Diwali, Bhai Dooj all fall near to the other. Also, you get a 3-days long weekend from 30th September to 2nd October (Gandhi Jayanti). Book in advance for the Andamans as these islands are beautiful in October.
8. Delightful December1st-3rd and 23rd-25th are the two 3 days long weekends in December. 1st being Eid and 25th being Christmas. Head to the North East India and you will never want to come back from the paradise.
Go ahead plan your holidays. Also, some holidays may not be observed in some places. Look out for the ones that are appropriate for you and if you are one among those with no Saturday off, then, sigh. But, all others go on and indulge yourself!