Spiti, a desert mountain valley located in the Himalayas, like a lonely planet in the universe, is gifted with marvellous and charming landscapes and unimaginable beauty of nature. This glorious beauty of Himachal touches your soul and takes your breath away. To enjoy the challenging journey of Spiti valley, one needs to be an adventure lover. You will be completely surprised by seeing the drastic changes over a bend. Spiti is a bridge between India and Tibet, which reveals the Buddhist culture. Spiti is no less than a heaven for adventure backpackers. Spiti is in a remote corner of the world, which can be accessed by travelling through highest passes in the world. First is from Manali, you will cross the astonishing Rohtang Pass, Rani Nala and other beautiful landscapes. Another route from Shimla offers you with the beautiful sight of twin valleys. You can’t even imagine the extent up to which you can explore. Here is the list of some top places to visit in Spiti:
1. Kunzum PassKunzum Pass or Kunzum La, situated at an elevation of 4590m, is a high mountain pass on the eastern Kunzum range. A trek of 9 km is also there from the Kunzum Pass to Chandra Taal for all the adventure seekers.
2. Monasteries In SpitiKey monastery is one of the biggest and oldest monastery of Spiti and consequently most important tourist destination in Spiti. The monastery was built in the 14th century and the architecture is completely influenced by Chinese style. Another incredible monastery of Spiti valley is Tabo monastery, ranked among the top places to visit in Himachal Pradesh. Another monastery named Dhankar Monastery, situated on a hill between Kaza and Tabo. This monastery offers a wonderful view of Spiti river. It is the true insight into Buddhist culture. Some other monasteries include Shashur monastery, Gandhola monastery and many more.
3. Trilokinath TempleSpiti is not only a fun trip, it has Trilokinath temple for all those spiritual souls, looking for bowing their heads to the lord. The temple has its significance not only in Hindus, but Buddhists also.
4. Pin Valley National ParkThe park joins separate districts of Lahaul and Spiti at the height of 3500 metres above sea level. This national park is a home to some rare species, especially leopards with a background landscape of snow covered mountains.
5. Chandra Taal LakeChandra taal lake, literally moon lake, named after its bow-like shape resembling crescent moon, is a majestic attraction for adventure lovers. The beauty of a blue water lake in the middle of a grassland, enclosed by mountains and valleys is completely astonishing.
5. The World's Highest Post OfficeThe World's Highest Post Office is located at height of 14,567 feet in a small Hikkim village in Lahaul and Spiti district of Himachal Pradesh. Hikkim post office is 20 Km away from Kaza.
The Pin code is 172114.
Apart from all these, there are some more attractions in the Spiti. They are Suraj Tal Lake, a completely camera friendly place; Dhankar lake, on a dangerous mountain; and Kibber village, situated at an altitude of 4205m, one of the highest village and there are many more.
Spiti is a mesmerising and dreamy place to indulge in activities like mountain biking, trekking etc. Riding on the dreamlike landscapes is a paradise for all those bikers and similarly, magnetic attraction views for trekkers around there.
Spiti is like an unexplored jewel of Himachal Pradesh. The more you explore, more precise it will seem......